Ace Rental Car in Brooklyn, New York
Car Rentals

Ace Brooklyn

Ace Car Rental in Brooklyn, New York

    Brooklyn MuseumBrooklyn Museum Brooklyn, New York
    The Brooklyn Museum that sits in the Brooklyn borough of New York City, New York is the second biggest art museum in the city and one of the biggest in the nation, and considered to be one of the finest art institutions in the world, with a permanent collection that spans ancient Egyptian masterpieces to contemporary art, along with outstanding artworks from other cultures. The museum occupies 560,000 square feet of space in a beaux arts structure, welcoming about half a million people each year. It is located in the heart of the borough, half an hour from midtown Manhattan and some fifteen minutes from downtown Brooklyn. The museum opened in 1897, founded by Augustus Graham, it is a steel frame building, and designed by the architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White and originally four times bigger than what the structure would end up being. Daniel Chester French would be the main sculptor for the pediment sculptures and monolithic 12.5 foot figures that are situated along the cornice. These figures were created by 11 different sculptors, while French would be the designer of the two allegorical figures, Brooklyn and Manhattan, that are now flanking the museum's entry. In 1997, it would change its name to the Brooklyn Museum of Art, and in 2004, announced that it would return to its previous name, as well as construct a new entrance pavilion, designed by James Stewart Polshek. The museum strives to showcase collections that embody the artistic heritage of world cultures, and is famous for its inclusive collections of Egyptian and African art, along with 17th-20th centuries paintings, decorative arts and sculptures from a wide range of schools. The museum would acquire The Dinner Party by Judy Chicago in 2002 as a gift from the Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation, with its permanent exhibition beginning in 2007 as a showpiece for the museum's Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art. Other outstanding exhibitions have included such great artists as; Robert Rauschenberg, Chuck Close, Patrick Kelly, Sylvia Sleigh, William Wegman, Denis Peterson, Ron Mueck, Jim Dine, Kiki Smith, Takashi Murakami and Mat Benote. In the American collection are such greats as; Georgia O'Keefe, John Singer Sargent, Edward Hicks, William Edmondson, Winslow Homer and Gilbert Stuart.

Ace Rent-A-Car has more discounts and savings than any of the other car rental companies in America. Ace Car Rental offers you the BEST reliable vehicles to choose from and the most courteous staff to help you. Ace has the BIGGEST discounts and savings on the internet right now.

    Wyckoff Farmhouse MuseumWyckoff Farmhouse Museum Brooklyn, New York
    The city's oldest house and first official landmark is the Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum in Brooklyn, New York that was built in 1652, and can be seen only by a guided tour. The Wyckoff House and Association was founded in 1937 to promote interest in Pieter Claesen Wyckoff, his descendants and this outstanding house that sits in the flatlands section of the borough. Its first meeting would be in 1937, on the 300th anniversary of Wyckoff's arrival in the New Amsterdam harbor. The house was originally a Dutch West India company "bowerie" or farm, with the original part of the house being constructed in 1652 and is now the oldest structure in the city of New York, as well as one of the oldest buildings in America, becoming a National Historic Landmark in 1968. It had been enlarged in 1740, but is still considered an outstanding example of the Dutch Colonial vernacular style with H frame structure, with shingled walls, split Dutch doors, deep flared spring eaves and more. Pieter emigrated from the Netherlands as an indentured servant in 1637 and would acquire the land through his connections with Peter Stuyvesant starting in 1652, with successive generations of Wyckoff's living here until 1901. It would survive the early 20th century development of the city to become the first landmark designated by the city's landmarks preservation commission, when it was created in 1965, with the foundation donating the house to the city in 1969. After much refurbishment it would be reopened as a museum in 1982.

April 25, 2011