Ace Rental Car in Lafayette, Indiana
Car Rentals

Ace Lafayette

Ace Car Rental in Lafayette, Indiana

    Samara HouseSamara House West Lafayette, Indiana
    The Samara House or John Christian House is situated in West Lafayette, Indiana and is an excellent example of Usonian houses that Frank Lloyd Wright would design and construct during 1954 to 1956, and is still occupied by the original owner. John and Kay Christian wanted to construct a house near Purdue University in 1950, where they both worked, John as a pharmaceutical chemistry professor and Kay as the social director for the university. After much discussions, the couple decided that they wanted Wright to do the design, and not really knowing how to go about it, John called Wright directly at his office, and became even more surprised when he found he was speaking with the great architect himself. During the next six years, they would meet in West Lafayette and Taliesin in Spring Green, Wisconsin, Wright's summer residence. The house would name after the Samara trees that Wright noticed on the property on his first visit, and he worked a stylized design using the chevron-shaped leaves throughout the design of the house that included the clerestory windows, living room rug and dining chairs. The family has continued to maintain the house according to the specific direction of the designer, who would specify or design the entire environment that included landscaping, linens and furniture.

Ace Rent-A-Car had more cheap locations around the country than any other rental car company. Ace Car Rentals offer all the great deals and prices that the other guys do, but they have the most cheap locations that give you the BEST deals in the nation. Ace Rental Cars has more cheap locations that will give you the BIGGEST deals in America today.

    Tippecanoe BattlefieldTippecanoe Battlefield Lafayette, Indiana
    The Tippecanoe Battlefield Park was created to preserve the location of the Battle of Tippecanoe that had been fought on November 7,1811 and occupies a 16 acre site that was deeded to the state by John Tipton, a veteran of the battle, in 1836, on the twenty-fifth anniversary of the fight. It had been used for many political rallies prior to this, the most significant perhaps being the 1840 in favor of William Henry Harrison's bid for the White House that was attended by some 30,000 folks. This location was attracting visitors by the 1850s and the battlefield was bordered by the Louisville, New Albany & Salem Railroad during that entire decade. They would construct a refreshment stand next to the site to accommodate visitors, but the property would eventually be purchased by the Northwest Indiana Conference of the Methodist Church and used as the Battle Ground Collegiate Institute, and much later as a Methodist youth camp. Although there was quite a bit of interest in the location as the sesquicentennial of the fight in 1961 drew close, the camp would be abandoned in 1971 and the location would become neglected. In 1960, it would be made a National Historical Landmark, with the locals acquiring the property when it closed and created a museum where the camp had put a lodge. In 1995, it would greatly restored, and ceded to the Tippecanoe County Park board in 1972. There are many recreational opportunities found here that include; hiking since the Wabash Heritage Trail runs by, a museum, battlefield monument and nature center. In 1966, it would be added to the National Register of Historic Places.  The story of this battle is quite an interesting one, since Tecumseh and his brother, Tenskwatawa, otherwise called the Prophet, came here from Ohio and began to organize the tribes into one huge army aimed at destroying the white man and his constant growing pains.

April 19, 2011