Car Rentals

 Car Rentals Massachusetts

Discount Car Rentals in Massachusetts

Abbotsford Rental Cars

Advantage Car Rental coupons
Advantage Rental Car Boston

Get your rental car coupons for an Advantage rental in Boston and you'll be happy you did.  Advantage Car Rental is your alternative to the big rental car companies and is a great choice to use if you are trying to save a little money without sacrificing quality or service.

Alamo Car Rentals Massachusetts

Alamo Rental Cars are having a great summer and want you to have one also. The new Alamo Printable Coupons will give you the BEST savings and discounts in the car rental business. Go to the Alamo web site today and take advantage of these GREAT DEALS.
Alamo Locations
Alamo discounts 

Boston Intl. Apt. Alamo Car Rentals - 6 Tomahawk Dr.

Things to do in Massachusetts

  • John F. Kennedy Presidential Museum & Library John F. Kennedy Presidential Museum & Library Boston, Massachusetts
    The JFK Presidential Museum and Library is the repository of the 35th President of the United States on Columbia Point, Boston, Massachusetts, next to the University of Massachusetts and the state's archives. Designed by famed architect I. M. Pei, the building is where the original papers and correspondence of the Kennedy administration is stored and preserved; and the special materials that were published or unpublished, like the books and papers about Ernest Hemingway. It was dedicated in 1979 by President Jimmy Carter and various members of the Kennedy clan. On a weekend trip to Boston, on October 19,1963, President Kennedy and John Carl Warnecke, the eventual architect that would design the President's tomb in Arlington, looked at various locations in the area that had been offered by Harvard, to become the site of the Presidential museum and library. At that period in time, there were only four others; Hoover's, Roosevelt's, Truman's and Dwight D. Eisenhower, scattered across the country in small home towns from New York to Iowa. John hadn't decided on any particular design, but he did know that he wanted his Presidential library to be close to a major scholarly resource. Kennedy picked a piece of land that lay next to the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, facing the Charles River, just some yards away and on the opposite side were the dormitories, including Winthrop House, where young John had enjoyed his upperclassman time. John would be assassinated the next month on November 22, 1963; and many people would be forever changed. During Kennedy's tenure, he had instructed his administration to save everything, official and personal, so the complex would become a museum as well as library, containing an entire record of the Presidential period. After John had been assassinated, his family and friends talked about building a library and museum that would be a fitting memorial, so a committee was created to advise Jacqueline, so that she could make the final decision. This committee discussed the project for months, and talked with architects around the world. Mrs. Kennedy and other people met the architectural candidates at the Kennedy compound in Hyannis, Massachusetts; as well as going to many at their offices. Fourteen architects were chosen to serve on the design advisory committee; I. M. Pei from New York, Pietro Belluschi the dean of the MIT school of architecture, Lucio Costa from Brazil, Louis Kahn from the University of Pennsylvania Architecture school, Mies van der Rohe from Chicago, Sven Markelius from Sweden, Hugh Stubbins from Cambridge, Franco Albini from Italy, Paul Thiry from Seattle, Benjamin C. Thompson from Cambridge, John C. Warnecke from Washington, Alvar Aalto from Finland, Kenzo Tange from Japan and Sir Basil Spence from England. The Attorney General Bobby Kennedy had chosen Eugene R. Black, Sr. to become the chairman of the board of trustees, who stated that $10 million would be the amount needed; with the Joseph P. Kennedy Foundation contributing the first $1 million. By March of 1964, $4.3 million had been received from donations, including 18,727 unsolicited ones from the public. There were big donations from the Hispanic community around the world, with $100,000 from Venezuela and the same amount coming from Puerto Rico. A campaign of donations had been contributed from the government employees, with $900,000 coming in from them. The next day, the ambassador from India gave Mr. Black $100,000, Braj Kumar Nehru, who stated that the Indian people had held the former President in the "highest regard, esteem and affection". In December of 1964, I. M. Pei had unanimously been chosen to design the library and museum, but he was fairly unknown at the time, although Mrs. Kennedy had been very impressed with him. Jackie had chosen Pei for two reasons, she liked the numerous ideas that he'd had for his earlier projects, and his way of having more than one way to solve a problem. But, aside from that, she made a personal connection with Pei, who had been born in the same year as John and was so full of promise. Just before Pei had been chosen, the goal of $10 million had been reached, and by 1965, when it reached $20 million, fundraising was stopped. Although there had been much enthusiasm in the project, there were numerous delays, including the assassination of Robert Kennedy. In May of 1971, Lyndon B. Johnson, would see the dedication of his library in Austin, Texas, on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin, and adjacent to the LBJ School of Public Affairs. He was therefore the first President to have a library that was also an institution of scholarly research, before Kennedy's; although Lyndon would pass on before John's was ever finished or started. More problems and changes occurred, until finally a new site and new design would be approved, so that on June 12, 1977, the official groundbreaking began; with construction starting in August.  The library and museum were completed in October, 1979. The first floor contains a museum with family photographs, video monitors, and political memorabilia; with visitors starting their journey through the museum and library with a film, narrated by John, in two different cinemas that show them an orientation film; and then a third that explains the Cuban Missile Crisis. After that, these good people are encouraged to meander around the complex, viewing the exhibits, that include the US space program during Project Mercury, a look at the Kennedy family, his presidential campaign trail, an area dedicated to the First Lady; and so much more that it would take pages just to describe the title of them. It is a marvelous museum and library to visit and you will surely remember it for the rest of your lives; like those of us that still remember that unbelievable day in November, just before Thanksgiving, 1963.

  • The House of the Seven GablesThe House of the Seven Gables Salem, Massachusetts
    The House of the Seven Gables was a novel written by Nathaniel Hawthorne, in 1851, and has become one of the classics of American literature, and sits in Salem, Massachusetts. Currently, it is a museum that includes a settlement house, that was owned by his cousin, Susanna Ingersoll, entertaining Hawthorne many times in his youth. The seven gabled house had been told to Hawthorne by his cousin in childhood stories, and when he went there himself, there were only three because of renovations. It was said that Susanna had inspired Hawthorne to write the book, but he said that is was a fictional work and had no special house in mind when writing it. The book itself is set in the mid 19th century, with a brief look into the history of the house that had been constructed during the latter 17th century. The main thoughts of the book was the subtle and distinct descriptions of the motive and characters. This house was a gloomy New England mansion, haunted from its very core by sudden death, fraudulent dealings and accusations of witchcraft. It is a marvelous book and story, and one that would be of great interest to many in this strange period that we now live in. Hawthorne had been haunted by his own thoughts because some of his ancestors had been involved in the Salem witch trails, and this novel looks at the guilt, atonement and retribution that occurs in the book. His book's main family has a heavy burden to carry, for more than 2 centuries, of a dishonest, amoral way that the land was acquired; and in his preface, he tells the moral that "the wrongdoing of one generation lives into the successive ones and becomes a pure and uncontrollable mischief". It received great acclaim, especially after his first novel did so well which was "The Scarlet Letter". It became a big influence for horror fiction writer, H. P. Lovecraft, who said that it was New England's greatest contribution to weird literature and led to numerous films and movies.

Budget rent a car Massachusetts

Budget Rent-A-Car has the best customer service staff in the car rental business that are friendly and courteous. Budget has a great SALE going on right now with BIG discounts and great savings. Budget means cheap rental cars and national locations. 
Budget Discounts

                    Look online at
Logan Intl. Apt. Budget Car Rentals - 20 Tomahawk Dr. 
Budget Car Rental Worcester - 490 Lincoln St.

  • Jenny Grist MillJenny Grist Mill Plymouth, Massachusetts
    The Jenney Grist mill is a working grist mill that sits in the town of Plymouth, Massachusetts, although the present mill is a replica of the original, although it sits on the original foundation. John Jenney came to this country in 1623 from Leyden on the Little James and the mill was constructed in the colony of Plymouth by Jenney in 1636, and operated by him until he passed on in 1644. After he passed, his wife, Sarah and son, Samuel, would continue to operate the mill until Stockbridge took it over for legal reasons, but it burned down in 1837. During 1970, it was reconstructed on the original site on the Town Brook, where today, visitors can see corn being ground, take a tour of the town of Plymouth, go to an ice cream shop, see the wheel turning and operating the mill and learn more about the lives of the Jenneys. The mill will delight you with its simple operation, as you learn how grain was ground during those early days of American settlement, listening to tales and stories of the past and how the mill was needed to help the small colony survive. The tour is billed as a living museum, because it still operates as it did back then, with numerous exhibits that enhance the grist mill and the town of Plymouth. If you are there in the spring, you can watch the herring run up the Town brook beside the mill, and learn more about how important these herring were to the survival of the new colony and see an underwater video of the herring swimming against the current of the water as they migrate to Billington Sea. Another exhibit is the development of water power for the small village, and during the fall, there is a marvelous exhibit about cranberries and corn harvesting; and watch another video about the harvesting of cranberries from a bog. There are so many exciting venues to enjoy here, before going on to the rest of the wonderful sights and legends available here in Plymouth, where the first Americans landed so many years ago, and the trials and tribulations that they had to endure. One of the major reasons that the Pilgrims decided to come here was the waterway that is called Town Brook, which is a small river that goes through the center of the town for a mile and a half, finally empting into the harbor where Plymouth Rock sits majestically. The Jenney Grist Mill was the first mill constructed in this country, and today runs and looks exactly as it did in 1636. The brook became important to the Pilgrims for three reasons; the main one is the fact of its length, that drops 80 feet during that mile and a half, to create waterpower; the next, also of equal importance is that the brook and pond that feeds it is spring fed so that even when there isn't any rains or runoffs from heavy snows, water still continues to flow. And the last, although not the least is the fertilizer that came from the river, with the habitual spring migration of the herring, the Pilgrims would simply go to the mill and gather the fish as they swam upstream, and use them in the sandy soil. Even now, the herring run every spring, for six weeks, as thousands of them fight upstream to spawn. The grist mill would certainly change the quality of life for the Pilgrims, with the grinding of the corn by water power, and the beginning of the free market system, that spawned 14 other mills being constructed along the river that also started the industrialization of the new world.

  •  Plimouth Plantation
    Plimouth Plantation is an authentic living museum set in Plymouth, Massachusetts that was constructed as a replica of the first settlement of people that came to the Plymouth colony, started in the 17th century by English colonists that would later become called Pilgrims. These early Americans came here to escape religious persecution and to discover religious separation from the Church of England, and how we evolved into a nation that today discourages the relationship that began this great country by separating the church; or more specifically God from our politics or our way of living is an entirely different story that was forgotten along the way. But the 1627 village known as Plimouth Plantation is neither motivated nor connected to any religious group or philosophy, instead re-creation of that first settlement, with houses and streets, tools, furnishings and relics of everyday life as it appeared back then. Using a number of records, articles, paintings, artifacts and accounts, it has been re-created as close to the original as possible, with all things considered; and the museum still continues to research, conduct historical archaeological excavations, both here and abroad, with scholarships and curatorial discoveries. In the 1627 English village area of the museum, guides have been trained to act, speak, dress and interpret the way it was then, and is called first-person interpretation. This is a kind of living history that tries to show the people and events of a certain time in history from this first-person perspective. At the plantation, they are called historical interpreters, and they interact with the alien people that come here, in the first person, talking about their lives, answering any questions, viewpoints and taking part in the tasks of the period like planting, cooking, animal husbandry and blacksmithing. The village attempts to follow a chronological timeline that represent the period of late March to November, just the exact times the museum is open, showcasing the day-to-day activities of life and seasons, and highlighting numerous important historical events like celebrations and funerals. The museum began in 1947, by Henry Hornblower II, a stockbroker from Boston, who had ties to the Plymouth area, and since none of the buildings and a few artifacts were all that survived from the 1620s, Henry, also an amateur archaeologist, started the museum as a proxy. Starting with a first house display, where the Mayflower II is docked, that single home has blossomed into the fortified village that sits nearby, by the 1950s, and the biggest open-air part of the museum has been named the 1627 English Village; assuming the approximated layout of that earliest settlement.  Beside the village is another re-creation, a Wampanoag wigwam, where the modern Native People, from numerous nations in traditional dress, demonstrate and tell how their ancestors interacted and lived with the first settlers. The complex also includes Nye Barn, where the historical types of livestock were housed, a cinema that shows educational videos, a visitor's center that contains exhibits and educational programs, a colonial education site for youth and adult groups and a craft center that shows how most of the objects used in the village are made. The two houses that exist here were constructed by the plantation for the PBS show, Colonial House that was filmed in Maine; which when finished were taken apart and then reassembled at the plantation. Docked near the rock considered Plymouth rock, the Mayflower II is managed and cared for by the museum's staff, with first-person interpreters acting as sailors and officers of the ship during that period. These "sailors" go on week-long trips to see what it was like for the Pilgrims during their voyage here. It is a spectacular example of what the first Americans lived like, and gives all visitors the opportunity to imagine that exciting time in our early history.

Enterprise rent- a- car Massachusetts

BIG discounts are waiting at Enterprise Rent-A-Car for your next vacation. Enterprise will give you the best selection of new quality cars to choose from and the best staff to help you with that decision. Go to the Enterprise web site today and get the BEST savings.
Enterprise Rental Car Savings

Boston Enterprise Rental Car - 1 Congress St. Govt. Cntr.
Enterprise Car Rental Lexington - 301 Massachusetts Ave.

Local Restaurants in Massachusetts
  • Arnold's Lobster and Clam Bar
     Arnold's have been serving the freshest fried seafood, lobster roll and fresh ice cream on Cape Cod and once you've been there, you always want to visit it again. The menu is huge and starts with the grilled items from the 50s burger topped with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, to the BLT which is Arnold's favorite, hot dogs, grilled cheese, hamburgers and cheeseburgers the way they used to taste! The Fried seafood rolls are great too with fresh caught codfish, clam rolls, clam strips or Wellfleet clams. The seafood rolls are next starting with the new ginormous lobster rolls, tuna roll and crabmeat rolls. Steamed lobsters are next in various sizes, but always fresh and tasty! The New England lobster clam bake with steamers, mussels, corn on the cob. Baked dinners with Idaho baked potato and fresh garden salad; native schrod baked, Wellfleet clams baked, baked fresh Atlantic salmon, Maryland crab cakes with avocado salsa, rice & veggie of the day. Fried baskets with FF, homemade Cole slaw and tartar sauce; clams with belly, clam strip, scallop, fish & chips, gulf shrimp, lobster, calamari, oyster, chicken, boneless chicken tenders, seafood platter with clams, shrimp, oysters, calamari, cod. Andy's Raw Bar with oysters, shrimp, clams and stuffed clams. Fried sides, chowders and bisques, sides, baked potatoes with various fixings, salads, and children's menu.

  • Dakota Steak House
    Starters; bacon wrapped scallops with maple mustard sauce; jumbo shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce; crispy California calamari with red peppers and onions, drizzled with ancho-chili mayo; potato skins with melted Monterey Jack and white cheddar cheese, bacon bits and scallions; stuffed mushrooms filled with crabmeat and mushroom stuffing, topped with Monterey jack cheese and baked; Maryland lump crab cakes baked and served with creamy remoulade sauce. Soup & salad; soup du jour, soup & salad, farm fresh salad is salad bar with all fresh veggies and greens. Dinners; come with signature fresh baked whole grain bison bread, choice of farm fresh salad or bowl of soup and choice; house specialty, angus top sirloin is teriyaki or angus top sirloin; porterhouse is filet mignon and NY strip; filet mignon; NY strip; rib eye; crabby filet mignon is 7 oz filet with lump crabmeat and béarnaise sauce; prime rib hand carved and cooked with special blend of herbs and spices. Combos; grilled chicken breast & top sirloin; scallops & top sirloin; steak & shrimp; crab cake & top sirloin; steak & stuffed shrimp; salmon & steak. Seafood; broiled scallops; North Atlantic cod; Maryland crab cakes; grilled salmon; jumbo gulf shrimp; crab stuffed shrimp; rainbow trout; Maine lobster. Chicken; fire grilled chicken breast; chicken parmesan; teriyaki chicken; cashmere chicken pasta.


Steamed lobster Arnold's Lobster and Clam Bar Eastham, Massachusetts


Wellfleet Baked Clams Arnold's Lobster and Clam Bar Eastham, Massachusetts

 Rainbow Trout Dakota Steak House Pittsfield, Massachusetts


Filet Mignon Dakota Steak House Pittsfield, Massachusetts



Hertz Car Rental Massachusetts

Hertz Car Rentals and can offer you the best savings and discounts in the Massachusetts area with the new Hertz Printable Coupons. Hertz is dedicated to saving their customers more money in these economical hard times. 
Hertz Printable Coupons

Hertz Rental Cars Boston Logan Intl. Apt.- 207 Porter St.
Worcester Apt. Hertz Car Rental - 375 Airport Dr.
Hertz Rental Car Massachusetts Mutual Babson
 1500 Main St.

  • Minute Man National Historical Park Minute Man National Historical Park Lexington/Concord, Massachusetts
    The Minute Man National Historical Park commemorates the first battle in the Revolutionary War, that contains the Wayside, home to three American writers, and much more. The park is managed by the National Park Service, which protects 970 acres of outstanding land in and around the towns of Concord, Lincoln and Lexington, Massachusetts. The acreage includes the Concord North Bridge, where on April 19, 1775, colonial commanders ordered their militia to fire back at the British soldiers for the first time and created what has been referred to as "the shot heard round the world". Colonial militia and minutemen would kill three regular army soldiers and wound eight, and was the second battle of the day after the short fight at dawn that happened on Lexington Square. Ralph Waldo Emerson, immortalized the North Bridge fight as that shot heard in his epic poem of 1837, "The Concord Hymn". Here is where the Daniel Chester French's minute man statue of 1875 stands tall and proud; pictured to the right. Just across the bridge, the Obelisk monument stands, which is thought to be the first memorial to the war's first casualties. There is the five mile Battle Road trail, that lies between Lexington and Concord, that also includes a restored colonial landscape that is a guesstimate of the running skirmishes that occurred between the British and militia, a monument where Paul Revere was captured during his nightly ride, and the Hartwell Tavern, a rejuvenated 18th century inn and house that sits on the Battle road, that has living history programs from May through October. The Wayside was the former home of writers Louisa May Alcott, Margaret Sidney and Nathaniel Hawthorne; and the Lexington Battle green, that had been called Lexington Common, where the first action happened on April 19, 1775, is also part of the park's story, but maintained and preserved by the town of Lexington. Here, on the green is where the statue of Captain Parker stands by H. H. Kitson.

  • Concord Museum
    The Concord Museum is of local history sitting at 200 Lexington Road, Concord, Massachusetts and is better known for its marvelous collection of memorabilia from writers Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson. It opened in 1886, with the collections actually occurring in 1850, and there are very few collections of early Americana that are as in good shape or well-documented; with the finest featured artifacts including; American Revolution relics that include; muskets, fifes, cannonballs and powder horns; the "one if by land, and two if by sea" lantern that was hung in the old North Church in 1775, and immortalized by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in his poem, "Paul Revere's Ride"; the world's biggest collection of Thoreau possessions, more than 250, that includes his bed, desk and chair from his cabin at Walden Pond and a replicated study of Ralph Waldo Emerson, that contains his books, furnishings and is arranged just as it was when he passed on in 1882. The museum has a magnificent collection of 17th, 18th and 19th centuries decorative arts that contains, ceramics, textiles, furniture, metal ware, looking glasses and clocks. The displayed relics has been arranged in the following period settings; early 18th century chamber, which is a room from 1720 that existed in the house of a prominent Concord resident; mid 18th century chamber, that contains tea table and silver, ceramics, etc. and period furnishings that have a dressing table, desk and high chest; early 19th century chamber with period furnishings; and a 19th century parlor that is set for dining, furnished in a neoclassical style. The remainder of the collections include Puritan household goods, works by sculptor Daniel Chester French, Native American stone tools, lyceum and cattle show posters and clocks and other machinery that was made in Concord.

avis discount rental car Massachusetts

On your next visit to Massachusetts, Avis Rental Cars will make your visit The best. Renting a car at Avis is easy and hassle free. Avis Rental Cars will help you choose the best vehicle for your trip and our friendly staff will help. Avis has more cheap locations than any other car rental company.
Avis Savings.
Avis Discounts

Worcester Municipal Apt. Avis Car Rental  - 375 Airport Dr.
Avis Car Rental Boston Logan Intl. Apt..
- 1200 Airport Dr.
Springfield Avis Rental Cars
- The Inn Place

  • Orchard HouseOrchard House Concord, Massachusetts
    The Orchard House in Concord, Massachusetts was the longtime house of Amos Bronson Alcott and his family, that included his daughter, Louisa May Alcott, who would write her famous book Little Women here and used the house as her setting. The family came to Concord in 1840, leaving for a short time to go to Harvard to began Fruitlands, a utopian agrarian commune; coming back in 1845, bought a home called "Hillside", then left again in 1852, but not before selling the house to Nathaniel Hawthorne, who would rename it "the Wayside". In 1857, the Alcotts came back to Concord, and purchased another property in May of 1858; which contained two houses from the early 18th century that sat in a 12 acre apple orchard. They decided to call the estate, Orchard House, with Amos moving the smaller houses to connect to the back of the main house, thus creating one large home. The house in located on the historical road to Lexington, next to the Wayside and less than a half mile from Bush, the house that belonged to Ralph Waldo Emerson, where Henry David Thoreau and the Alcotts often visited. This would be the family's most permanent home, living there from 1858 to 1877. The Alcotts were vegetarians and would gather their food from the gardens and orchards on the property, talking about women's suffrage, social reform and abolitionism around the dinner table. They would stage theatricals in the dining room as guests would watch from the adjoining parlor, which was a formal room with arches niches that had been constructed by Bronson to showcase the busts of his favorite philosophers, Plato and Socrates. May, who was the youngest daughter, was a very talented artist, and her bedroom holds many sketches of mythological, angelic and Biblical figures on the doors and woodwork. In Louisa's room, May would paint a panel of calla lilies and an owl over the fireplace. There were copies of Turner seascapes by her that hung in her parents bedroom. In 1868, Louisa would author her wonderful novel, "Little Women" in her bedroom on a special folding shelf desk that her father had constructed, with the novel set in the house and its characters based on the members of her family. The plot was loosely based on their earlier years and other events that occurred at the Wayside. Bronson would write some books of his own, Ralph Waldo Emerson in 1865, and published in 1882, Tablets in 1868, Concord Days in 1872, and Table Talk in 1877. Bronson would build a structure to the west of the house, calling it "The Hillside Chapel" and later it became known as the "Concord School of Philosophy" and ran from 1879 to 1888, with the school becoming one of the first and most successful adult education center in the nation.  The outside of the house is pretty much the same as it was back then, with the furnishings original to the mid 19th century, and almost three quarters of them belonging to the family. The dining room has the family china, paintings created by May, portraits of the family members and period furnishings. The parlor has period wallpaper and patterned reproduced carpet with watercolors and family portraits done by May. Abigail May's mortar and pestle, tin spice chest, bread board and wooden bowls are shown on the hutch table in the kitchen, as well as the laundry drying rack that was designed and built by Bronson. There is also a beautiful soapstone sink in the kitchen that was purchased by Louisa. The study has Bronson's chair, desk and library table, with their bedroom holding many of Abigail's possessions, that include, hand made quilts, furniture and photographs.  

  • Lizzie Borden House
    Lizzie Andrew Borden, was a New England spinster who became the main figure in the hatchet murders of her stepmother and father, on August 4, 1892, in Fall River, Massachusetts. The murders, trial and trial afterwards by the media became a famous case that has continued in American pop culture and criminology. Because Lizzie was acquitted, and no one ever arrested or tried, she is still notorious in American folklore, with the controversy of the killer or killers still relevant today. On the morning of August 4, 1892, Lizzie's father, Andrew Jackson Borden and her stepmother, Abby Durfree Borden, were brutally murdered in their home. The only people that were in the house at the time were Lizzie and the family's maid, Bridget Sullivan. Emma, Lizzie's older sister was away at the time, and John Vinnicum Morse, the brother of their mother, who was visiting, was also gone at the time of the murders. According to testimony, Andrew had gone to town to do his usual morning rounds at the bank and post office, returning home by 10:45 AM., and Lizzie found his dead body about half an hour later. According to Bridget's testimony, she was laying on her bed on the third floor, after 11 AM. when she heard Lizzie calling to her, saying that someone had murdered her father, whose body was discovered slumped on the couch in a downstairs sitting room. Andrew's face was turned to the right, as if sleeping peacefully. Sometime after, as Lizzie was being helped by neighbors and the family doctor, Bridget discovered the body of Mrs. Borden upstairs in the guest room. The Bordens had both been murdered by blows from a hatchet, while Andrew, not only had his head smashed, but his left eyeball had been cleanly split. During the years after the death of the first Mrs. Borden, life at the house had been strained and growing steadily unpleasant, with any affection between the older and younger Bordens dissolving or altogether gone. The upstairs floor had been divided, with the front part belonging to the sisters, and the back to Mrs. and Mr. Borden. Meals were no longer eaten together, as the conflicts had grown worse between the daughters and their father, who wanted to divide valuable property among relatives before his death. Relatives of their stepmother had been given a house, and John Morse was here visiting to facilitate the transfer of farm property that included a summer house for the sisters. Just before the murders happened, a huge argument had happened that ended in both sisters leaving for extended vacations; but Lizzie had returned. She had tried buying prussic acid or hydrogen cyanide, but the local druggist, Eli Bence denied, although she said she needed it to clean a seal skin cloak. Also, just before the murders occurred, the entire household had become ill, and since Mr. Borden wasn't too popular in the town, his wife feared that they were all being poisoned. However, the family doctor diagnosed it as bad food.  The trial and other stories are very interesting reads, as is the house itself which is said to have ghosts appearing at the bed and breakfast that is located in the house now; but whatever really happened, no one will really know.

Thrifty Car Rental Massachusetts

 Thrifty Rental Car customers will get the biggest selection of new quality cars to choose from and the friendliest customer service. Thrifty has been giving their customers the BEST discounts and savings in the car rental business for many years.
Thrifty Car Rental Locations 

Boston Logan Intl. Apt. Thrifty Rental Cars
 40 Lee Burbank Hwy.

Thrifty Car Rental Worcester Apt.- 375 Airport Rd.

  • The Old ManseThe Old Manse Concord, Massachusetts
    The Old Manse, is historical for its American literary residents that lived here during its past, including Ralph Waldo Emerson and Nathaniel Hawthorne. It is located in Concord, Massachusetts and was constructed in 1770 by Reverend William Emerson, father of notable minister Rev. William Emerson, and grandfather to the famous transcendentalist writer and lecturer Ralph Waldo Emerson. The first Rev. William Emerson was the town's minister in Concord, and chaplain to the Continental Army; and saw the fight at North Bridge, part of the Concord fight, from his farm's fields, with his wife and children watching from the upstairs windows of this house. Emerson the first died in October 1775, in West Rutland, Vermont, as he was returning home from Fort Ticonderoga. His widow would later remarry Rev. Ezra Ripley, while the family continued to live in the house. Ripley would be the town's minister for 63 years. Now the reason that the old house is called a manse, is that when a minister lives in a house, it is called a manse, and when he dies or leaves, the house is then called an old manse as is the case here. In 1841, Nathaniel Hawthorne would rent the magnificent house for $100 a year and move in with his new wife, transcendentalist Sophia Peabody, with close friend Henry David Thoreau building a marvelous garden area for the couple. The Hawthornes lived here for three years, before purchasing the Wayside. In the upstairs room that Hawthorne used for his study, you can still see the loving couple etched into the window panes; which read, "man's accidents are God's purposes. Sophia A. Hawthorne 1843 Nath Hawthorne This is his study The smallest twig leans clear against the sky Composed by my wife and written with her diamond Inscribed by my husband at sunset, April 3 1843. In the Gold light. SAH." While Hawthorne was living at the old manse, he published about 20 sketches and stories that include; "The Birth-Mark" and Rappaccini's Daughter", that would become included in the collection, "Mosses from an Old Manse" in 1846.  The Hawthornes were forced to leave the house for not paying their rent, although when Sophia came back to Concord seven years later she referred to the old manse as "the beloved old house". The old manse would remain in the Emerson-Ripley family until 1939 and given to the trustees of reservations in November, 1939. It was conveyed with all its furnishings, and houses a plethora of furniture, kitchen utensils, books, dishware, the original wallpaper, windows, woodwork and architectural highlights. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1966 and a state archaeological/historic landmark the same time.

  • Buckman TavernBuckman Tavern Lexington, Massachusetts
    The Buckman Tavern is a very historic American Revolutionary War site that is related to the revolution's first battle, the Battle of Lexington and Concord, and is found on the very green of Lexington, Massachusetts that it started on and is now a museum run by the Lexington Historical Society. It was constructed in 1690 by Benjamin Muzzey and when the license was given, in 1693, it became the first public house in the town. Ben would run it for many years before his son, John took it over, and by the time the battle began, it was run by John's granddaughter and her husband, John Buckman, one of the members of the Lexington Training Band. The tavern had become a favorite gathering place for the militia men on the days when they would train on the green; and unlike the other communities that had created a minuteman company, they used the old English term of a training band that meant a militia company for local defense. The battle started before dawn of April 19,1775, with word coming to the little town that the British troops had left Boston in force to go to Concord, seize and destroy their military supplies, with dozens of militia men gathering on the town's common, then going to the tavern to wait for the troops. When word came before dawn, Captain Parker and his company of militia left the tavern to assemble two ranks on the common, and after the British troops arrived and formed, a single shot was fired, although it was never discovered who had shot, just that the Revolutionary War had started. The tavern was best known for being the headquarters of the militia, it was also the busiest of the town's 18th century taverns and held the first village store in the town and in 1812, the first post office. Today, the tavern's interior is much the same as it was in 1775, and you can see the 18th century taproom with huge fireplace and center chimney. Some of the relics that can also be seen include the old front door, with a bullet hole made by no one knows for sure but guesses that it may have been from a British musket; and a portrait of John Buckman. In 1961, it was declared a National Historic Landmark.

Dollar Rent-A-Car Massachusetts

Dollar Rent-A-Car savings and discounts makes your vacation worry free and easy. You know that you will get the best deal on a new quality vehicle when you use a company that has a name like Dollar. Dollar means cheap and with so many locations nationwide, you won't have any trouble finding them.  
Dollar Savings and Discounts

Boston Logan Intl. Apt. Dollar Car Rental - Logan Intl. Apt.

  • Hancock-Clarke HouseHancock-Clarke House Lexington, Massachusetts
    The Hancock-Clarke house is a historic American Revolutionary War site that sits on Hancock Street in Lexington, Massachusetts where John Hancock and Samuel Adams were staying when the Battle of Lexington and Concord began. It is a museum today run by the Lexington Historical Society and is open during the summer months. Rev. John Hancock, grandfather of the revolutionary leader of the same name, bought the site in 1699, although the original house that he constructed is no longer there. The present house was constructed in 1737, by the reverend's son, Thomas, a well-to-do Boston merchant, financed the construction, with the front/main part of the house being a 2 and a half story structure with center chimney, short center hall and two rooms on each of the floors with an attic. The small ell on the backside is 1 and a half stories with a gambrel roof that contains the kitchen and small study downstairs, with two low studded chambers upstairs. Using tree-ring dating, the two parts of the house were constructed at the same time. Following Hancock as the town's minister in 1752, Rev. Jonas Clarke would raise 12 children in the parsonage, and also a supporter of the colonial cause. The house is the last surviving residence that has been related to John Hancock, the famous American patriot, President of the Continental Congress and the first signer of the Declaration of Independence; as well as the first governor of the commonwealth of Massachusetts. In 1744, it would be his boyhood home, after his father had died in Quincy, with the 7 year old John coming here to live with his grandfather and in 1750, he joined his uncle Thomas in Boston, who would later adopt him. On the eve of April 18, 1775, John and Samuel Adams had just attended the Massachusetts Provincial Congress in Concord and somewhat worried about going back to the city of Boston in the night, became guests of Rev. Clarke. Afraid that the two might be captured by the British, Dr. Joseph Warren sent Paul Revere and William Dawes to Lexington with news of the British troops coming, and although they came separately, they stopped by and warned Hancock and Adams near midnight; then rode to Concord. The wonderful house still has furnishings and portraits that were owned by the Hancock and Clarke families and an marvelous display area that contains many relics from that period.

  • Boston CelticsBoston Celtics, Boston, Massachusetts
    The Boston Celtics, one of the finest basketball teams in the National Basketball Association, in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference that started in 1946 and is currently coached by Doc Rivers; and is also playing in the championships against the Orlando Magic, who had beaten both of their rivals in the conference, 4-0 and were thinking that they could do the same to the Boston team, although they have since changed their mind and are now fighting to come back from two hard losses in Orlando. The Celts have won 17 NBA championships themselves, so they know how the game goes and never plan on a sure thing, as it never appears in any sport. Their 17 championships are the most for any franchise club, although their best years were from 1957 to 1969, when they won 11 championships in 13 years and eight in a row, which is also the longest winning streak of any pro team in the continent. The Celtics would be the best team or one of the best during the three decades from the late 1950s to the mid 1980s; but when two deaths, draft pick Len Bias in 1986, and all-star Reggie Lewis in 1993, the team just seemed to have lost their spirit as well. From 1996 to 2007, they would make the playoffs four times; but when they acquired Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, they went all the way to beat the LA Lakers in the 2008 NBA finals. Four of their teammates have won the NBA Most Valuable Player Award for the NBA record of 10 MVP awards and include Bob Cousy, Bill Russell, Dave Cowens and Larry Bird.  The Celtics story is a wonderful story of struggle and perseverance, just like the story of one of their greatest players, although he wasn't a top scorer, he was one of the shortest basketball players in the NBA, but a great ball handler and master team player, Bob Cousy. He was something to watch, when the television was still black and white, and the channels limited to less than a dozen. On the floor he was amazing to watch and cheer, smaller than the e tall giants that seemed to tower over him. If you ever have the chance to watch a game from the 1950s and early 1960s, do it; Bob was only 6 foot 1 inch, but on the basketball court he became an equal with those other giants, showing them all how to handle the basketball with wonderful skill and abilities that took many others years to learn and accomplish. He played at Holy Cross College and was the third draft pick of 1950, after having been named an NCAA All-American for three seasons. He would win the NBA Most Valuable Player Award in 1957 and was a real genuine All American.

National Rental Cars Massachusetts

National Car Rentals will get you on the road faster and easier, without any hassles. National's friendly staff and quality cars selection will make sure your vacation more enjoyable. Go to the National web site today to take advantage of the new Printable Coupons.
 National Printable Coupons.

Boston Intl. Apt. National Car Rental 
- 6 Tomahawk Dr.

May 11, 2011