Car Rentals

 Car Rentals Berkeley

Discount Car Rentals in Berkeley

Alamo Car Rentals Berkeley

Get the BEST discounts and help for you and your family from Alamo Rental Cars on your next vacation.  Alamo will get you the BIGGEST discounts in the car rental business. 
Alamo Discounts
Alamo discounts 

St. Louis Intl. Apt. Alamo Car Rentals
 10124 Natural Bridge Rd.

Things to do in Berkeley

    St. Louis Zoo St. Louis Zoo St. Louis, Missouri
    The Saint Louis Zoological Park in St. Louis, Missouri has grown into one of the finest zoos in the nation; it has been recognized as a leading zoo in education, animal management, conservation and research. It is also free under a subsidy from the cultural tax district, with fees applied for special attractions and one of the more favorite rides is the Zooline Railroad that goes around the park stopping at a few of the more favorite. The city bought its first exhibit from the Smithsonian Institute after the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair, which was a flight cage, and as the years passed by, the exhibits grew, filling up with native and exotic animals from around the world and across the state. The zoo's zones as they are called include; Lakeside Crossing, containing the south entrance, guest services, shopping, welcome desk, food services and Hermann Fountain; the River's Edge exhibits include the African Savanna with black rhinos, red river hogs, a colony of carmine bee-eaters and bat-eared foxes, the South America display with a giant anteater, bush dogs and capybaras, the African Nile with hippos, small dwarf mongoose, cheetahs and spotted hyenas, North American which houses the wildlife and fish of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers and the Asia exhibit with Asian elephants. There is also the Discovery Corner exhibits that include the children's zoo housing outstanding enjoyable and educational adventures like the see-through slide that runs through the otter pool, with numerous frogs, birds, snakes and various other types of animals, the gift shop, exhibit halls, movie theater, cafe and guest services located in the education department and the Monsanto insectarium and butterfly garden. Another is the wild exhibits that house the bear pits, the penguin and puffin coast, the conservation carousel and the fragile forest with orangutans, gorillas and chimpanzees. There is an inside exhibit that is the first walk-through display of sub-Arctic penguins in the continent with a half wall topped by windows that allow you to see the king, gentoo and rockhopper penguins with pools flanking it and two tunnels that flow under the walkway, which lets the penguins swim from one side to the other while you watch. There is also a motion simulator inside this exhibit that is becoming very popular. On the Historic Hill exhibits, you visit the bird house with featured guests like the kookaburra, tawny frogmouth, toco toucan, burrowing owl, Mariana fruit dove and the golden pheasant. In the same zone the bird garden is located, as well as the herpetarium for the amphibians and reptiles, that house, alligator snapping turtle, king cobra, green anaconda, Komodo dragon, pit vipers, Aldabra giant tortoise, mountain chicken, tuatara and gila monsters. The Chain of Lakes and the sea lion arena, as well as the original flight cage and cypress swamp. When the cage was constructed, it had been the biggest in the world, and still is quite impressive at 228 feet long and 84 feet wide, as well as being 50 feet high and is one of the world's biggest free-flight aviaries. At the Red Rock exhibits, you will view the big cats, the antelope house with ostriches, kangaroos and giraffes, the banteng, antelope, Somali wild ass and takin, camels, addax, okapi and zebras. All in all, this is surely one of the most exciting and interesting zoos in the nation and always read for you to come and visit.

    Missouri Botanical Garden
    Missouri Botanical Garden St. Louis, Missouri
    The Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, Missouri is also known as Shaw's Garden after its founder, Henry Shaw, a philanthropist and botanist, and was started in 1859, making it one of the oldest botanical gardens in the nation and has been made a National Historic Landmark because of that. The beautiful park has become a major center for science education and botanical research of international repute, while also becoming an oasis in the middle of the city with 79 marvelous acres of horticultural beauty. There is a 14 acre Japanese strolling garden called Seiwa-en, a pioneer village, fountain area, playground, the Climatron geodesic dome conservatory, a water locking system and a children's garden, as well as an Osage camp and Henry Shaw's original 1850 house, next to the Tower Grove Park, another one of Shaw's legacies. The garden would be added as the fourth sub district of the Metropolitan Zoological Park and Museum District in 1983. The magnificent garden was the host of a featured exhibit called, "Glass in the Garden", that put glass sculptures all through the garden that were created by the gifted Dale Chihuly, and four of those splendid pieces were then bought to remain in the garden for all visitors to come and enjoy. Then, again, in 208, the sculptures of the French artist, Niki de Saint Phalle were placed throughout the garden, bringing it more alive with the visual beauty. During 2009, the garden would celebrate its 150th anniversary that contained a floral clock exhibit. The magnificent garden has become a venue for many yearly cultural festivals that include the Chinese Culture Days and the Japanese Festival, when there are many outstanding opportunities to showcase their marvelous botanics, as well as the cultural arts, food, music and crafts. The main features of the garden include; the Ottoman garden with its many gorgeous water features and xeriscape, the Tower Grove House built in 1849 and the herb garden, which was Shaw's Victorian country house modeled after the Italianate style, with a large tower over the central entrance, the Biblical garden with date palms, caper, mint, citron, fig and olive trees, pomegranate and other plants that were spoken of in the Bible. The Victory of Science over Ignorance, a marble statue created by Carlo Nicoli that is a replica of the original by Vincenzo Consani in the Pitti Palace, France created in 1859, the Strassenfest German garden, the Linnean House, Blanke boxwood garden, Gladney Rose garden, Grigg Nanjing Friendship Chinese garden, the English woodland garden and the Climatron. The garden also runs the butterfly house in Chesterfield, which houses an 8000 square foot indoor butterfly conservatory and outdoor butterfly garden. The Earthways center, the Shaw Nature Preserve round out the outstanding venues located in this spectacular garden.

Budget rent a car Berkeley

Budget Rent-A-Car  is one of the best rental car businesses in the industry.  Budget has the best customer service staff in the car rental business that are friendly and courteous.  Budget has the BEST savings in the nation as well as the BIGGEST savings online right now.
Budget Savings

Lambert/St. Louis Intl. Apt. Budget Car Rentals
 10482 Natural Bridge Rd.
Budget Car Rental Clayton - 216 S. Bemiston
St. Louis Budget Rental Cars Montpelier
- 400 S. 14th St.
Budget Car Rentals St. Louis - 13009 Manchester Rd. 

    City MuseumCity Museum St. Louis, Missouri
    The City Museum in St. Louis, Missouri is one of the most unique museums in the nation, if not the world, using repurposed industrial and architectural materials that are kept in the former International Shoe building in the Washington Avenue Loft District of the city that has become very popular with the community and visitors alike. The museum considers itself an eclectic blend of children's playground, surrealistic pavilion, funhouse and architectural phenomenon. When you come here, you are thoroughly encouraged to touch, play, climb, and especially feel everything that exists in the numerous displays. Named one of the best public play spaces in the nation by the Project for Public Spaces, the museum has won many awards, both international and local for its excellent and interesting exhibits, naming it a must-see place to visit. It was started by artist Bob Cassilly, and his then wife, Gail, with Bob still there as the artistic director. The entire museum occupies the former shoe factory and warehouse which the Cassillys purchased in 1993 and started working on it in 1995, and opening it to the public in 1997. It has continued to expand and add new displays, like the enchanted caves, MonstroCity in 2002 and the shoe shaft in 2003. In 2004, the World Aquarium would be added, and the circus ring that sits on the third floor shows live acts all day long. The Shoelace factory is another part that has been refurbished and now the antique braiding machines are making colorful shoelaces to sell, and you can even ask for your own special laces. The museum has been visited by numerous celebrities and often hosts concerts. The main building contains the first floor with numerous and exciting venues that keep the kids and their adult partners more than busy for hours on end. The mezzanine houses the food court and a few parts that belong to the exhibits from the first floor. The second floor houses MonstroCity and has a large vault that had been located at a bank from the mid 19th century and is now the portal or entrance to the city. The shoelace factory is also located on the second floor, with vintage machines from the 1890s, with the World Aquarium also located here, that is actually just an extension of the St. Louis Children's Aquarium, and the enchanted caves and shoe shaft can be found here. The third floor has quite a few attractions like the skateless park, the everyday circus, art city, toddler town, Beatnik Bob's, Past Architectural Hall and the natural history area. The fourth floor contains the gift shop with many museum items and the biggest vintage clothing store in the city. Outside the factory, but still on its grounds sits the MonstroCity that features two Sabre 40 foot aircraft fuselages that have been suspended high in the air, four-foot-wide Slinkies that allow visitors to crawl through, a fire engine, ball pit for adults filled with huge rubber dodge balls, a 25 foot cupola and castle turret. An early 19th century log cabin is just below the city, which had been the original home of Daniel Boone's son, and owned by the Hezel family for more than a century. One of the most exciting contraptions to play in or actually go through is a large school bus that hangs over the side, but you will have to pay an extra $5 to go up to the roof. It is one of the most fanciful attractions in the city, and regardless of your age, it is so much fun that you will want to come back and play in all the areas.

    Grant's Farm
    Grant's Farm St. Louis, Missouri
    Grant's Farm, somewhat south of St. Louis, Missouri is the ancestral home of the Busch family, sitting on 281 acres and home to over 900 animals that represent over 100 various species. The farm has been run by the Busch family for over half a century, welcoming over 24 million visitors, and was the former area that Ulysses S. Grant had started to farm during the 1850s. There is plenty of opportunities to get food and drink here, and a chance to ride the farm's historic carousel, the elephant VIP tour, a private expedition, and lots of shopping places. There are also restrooms and baby changing areas, guest relations and the first aid office. However, because of the animals and visitors, smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property. There are bluegrass concerts scheduled for the late summer months and halloween, outstanding shows, animal encounters, camps and educational events that offer you and your children a chance to come face to face with many of the animals living here. In 1848, Grant and his new wife, Julia Dent, would get 80 acres of the Dent family land southwest of the city as a wedding gift, and in 1855, Grant would start cutting and notching the logs. He constructed a two story, four room cabin that was finished in only four days with the help of friends and he called it Hardscrabble. Grant did the majority of the work on his cabin, laying the floors, shingling the roof and building the staircase. The Grants would live here just a short time, when the couple moved back to the Dent's house after Mrs. Dent passed on. Grant would oversee both farms, growing wheat, potatoes and other vegetables, along with fruit from the orchards and cutting wood for the fireplaces. The house and property would leave the Grant family in 1885, with numerous people purchasing it, until the estate was bought by August Busch, Sr. in 1907. The first structure built on the land was the Bauerhof in 1913, and was the name used for farmstead. It is typical of a Bavarian farm with offices and quarters for those living and working there, a carriage house and stables, with the house encompassing a marvelous courtyard. This is where you can enjoy a complimentary sample of the numerous Busch products as well as a lunch from the Brat Haus that serves excellent bratwurst, pizza, chicken wings and pretzels. The estate's Clydesdale stables house about 25 foals, geldings, mares and stallions with a total of 200 nationwide, and is the owner to one of the world's biggest herds. The Tier Garten amphitheater is where all the shows are done, both educational and entertaining, with the elephant education show and the animal encounters that showcase the talents of reptiles, parrots, elephants and mammals. Finally, there is Deer Park that has become home to exotic animals from around the world and include; black buck antelope, bison, red deer and zebra.

Enterprise rent- a- car Berkeley

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is offering their customers the new printable coupons for your next vacation or trip.  Enterprise will give you the best selection of new quality cars to choose from and the best staff to help you with that decision.  Check out the Enterprise site today and take advantage of the new printable coupons that SAVE you BIG. Enterprise Printable Coupons

St. Louis Intl. Apt. Enterprise Rental Car
 9305 Natural Bridge Rd.

  Enterprise Car Rental St. Louis - 2229 S. Brentwood Blvd.
Maplewood Enterprise Rental Car - 7226 Manchester Rd.
Enterprise Car Rentals Kirkwood - 11124 Manchester Rd.

Local Restaurants in Berkeley

    Entrees; pasta served with a salad; lasagna; baked eggplant with meat sauce & ricotta cheese; linguine primavera is fresh veggies, olive oil, garlic; tortellini is meat filled, peas, mushrooms, prosciutto & white sauce; fettuccine alfredo; linguine Lombardo with housemade sausage, julienne of onions, peppers, mushrooms & wine sauce; linguine clams with red or olive oil base sauce; linguine seafood with lobster, shrimp, peas, mushrooms & white cream sauce; calamari with stuffed squid, marsala wine sauce over linguini. Chicken served with soup or salad & choice of pasta or potato; chicken gorgonzola is breaded boneless breast of chicken, mushrooms, gorgonzola cheese, white wine sauce; chicken Lucciano is breaded boneless breast of chicken, peas, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, white wine sauce; chicken bordelaise is breaded boneless grilled breast of chicken, mushrooms, artichokes, marsala wine sauce; chicken parmigiano is breaded boneless breast of chicken, red sauce, provolone cheese. Pesce or seafood is served with soup or salad & choice of pasta or potato; grilled swordfish steak with picatta sauce, topped with shrimp; seafood platter is deep fried cod, scallops & shrimp; scampi Lombardo is with drawn garlic butter; lobster tails broiled with drawn butter; fresh broiled salmon with dill sauce. Bistecca or beef is served with soup or salad & choice of pasta or potato; sliced pepperloin is rolled in cracked pepper, wine sauce, onions, green peppers & mushrooms; filet gorgonzola is mushrooms, gorgonzola cheese, wine sauce; filet mignon 8oz.; filet & lobster tail; NY strip steak 14oz.; Italian pepper steak 14oz. strip steak, pepper, onions, green peppers, mushrooms & wine sauce; grilled calves liver with bacon or onion.

    Citizen Kane's Steakhouse
    Appetizers; shrimp cocktail is large gulf shrimp served in chilled martini glass; toasted ravioli is St. Louis tradition served with marinara; sautéed mushrooms simmering in white wine, garlic & fresh herbs; French fried onion rings housemade & lightly breaded; Kane's platter for two is sampling of shrimp cocktail, toasted ravioli, sautéed mushrooms & FF onion rings. Entrees; filet, NY strip, ribeye Delmonico, tenderloin medallions grilled served with choice of housemade classic sauces; tenderloin brochette is charbroiled tips of tenderloin skewered with peppers & onions, served over bed of wild rice, topped with housemade mushroom burgundy sauce; fresh catch is premium grade hand cut; shrimp scampi is gently sautéed in white wine & garlic, served over gourmet pasta; pork chop t-bone style is thick & tender, with fresh apple ring & Kane's sweet horseradish sauce; chicken Xanadu is bowtie pasta tossed with charbroiled chicken & roasted peppers in light olive oil & garlic sauce.

Linguine Prmavera Lombardo's Berkeley, Missouri


Chicken Parmigiana Lombardo's Berkeley, Missouri


Filet Gorgonzola Lombardo's Berkeley, Missouri



 Tenderloin Medallions Citizen Kane's Steakhouse Berkeley, Missouri





Hertz Car Rental Berkeley and Hertz Rental Cars have teamed up to give their customers more cheap locations around the country.  Hertz is determined to be your car rental company so they are give cheap deals.
Hertz Cheap Locations

Hertz Rental Cars St. Louis Lambert Intl. Apt.
 10278 Natural Bridge Rd.

Florissant Hertz Car Rental - 8201 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
Hertz Rental Car Overland- 10250 Page Ave.
St. Louis Hertz Car Rental - 7552 Manchester Rd.

    US Grant National Historical Site US Grant National Historical Site St. Louis, Missouri
    The Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site occupies 9.65 acres 10 miles southwest of St. Louis, Missouri in the municipality of Grantwood Village and is known as White Haven; with it all commemorating the military career, life and Presidency of U. S. Grant. There are five historical buildings preserved here that include the childhood house of Julia Dent Grant, where the couple lived from 1854 until 1859. White Haven was a plantation that had been worked by slaves, when Grant had married his wife in 1848 and it would continue to do so until the end of the Civil War. Over the years, there have been many sites constructed in the United States that have commemorated or interpreted the 18th President of the United States, although none has looked at the man, his wife and the living conditions that they lived and worked under during those turbulent days. The displays and programs at White Haven have been especially designed to offer visitors the perfect venue to learn more about Ulysses, Julia and the people that lived on the plantation as individuals and to show that White Haven was just a microcosm of the many issues that faced the country in the mid 19th century, as well as offering visitors the best place to learn about country life during that period. Julia Boggs Dent was the oldest daughter of the seven children that had been born to Colonel Dent, and she would spend most of her childhood on the plantation. Julia was at a boarding school in St. Louis when Ulysses first visited the plantation in the summer of 1843, after having been assigned to the Fourth U. S. Infantry at Jefferson Barracks, which was prominent military post south of the city. Grant enjoyed visiting the Dent plantation, debating politics with the colonel and riding with his younger daughters, Emma and Nellie. When Julia finished school in February of 1843, she returned to the plantation, and Ulysses's visits would become more centered on her. The next spring, Grant's unit would be leaving to be reassigned to Louisiana, so he rode off to White Haven to ask for her hand in marriage. That marriage would have to wait, since it wasn't until 1848, that Grant came back from the Mexican-American War. That November, she left her home and became an army wife, living on the bases, that Grant had been assigned to in New York and Michigan. Julia went back to White Haven in 1850 to give birth to their first child, Frederick Dent Grant. Grant would have to leave his young family in 1852 since he was assigned to California, and Julia went back to White Haven to give birth to Ulysses S. Grant, Jr. Ulysses missed his family very much and in 1854, he would resign his commission so that he could go back to White Haven. It is a wonderful story of love and devotion, with the family continuing to grow and learn about this great new country that spread from one coast to the other. Their story is also one that should be read and continued since it is so interesting and historical. When you visit the historical site, it would behoove you to finish reading it.

    Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis
    Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, MissouriThe Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis has been called the New Cathedral or the Saint Louis Cathedral, finished in 1914 in St. Louis, Missouri, when it would become the archdiocesan replacement for the old Cathedral of St. Louis, King of France. It would be started on in 1907, with the dedication and first mass held in 1914, after the superstructure was completed. Consecration took place in 1926 and it would become a basilica in 1997 after Pope John Paul II designated it as one. The cathedral is famous for its beautiful mosaic installation, that is considered the biggest in the world, an outdoor sculpture that encourages racial harmony and burial crypts. The grounds house the unique Chancery Building, constructed in 1965 and designed by the well known modernist architect Peruvian-American, Wenceslaus Sarmiento. The installation of the mosaics started in 1912 and was finished in 1988, with 41.5 million tesserae glass pieces in over 7000 colors and covering 83,000 square feet. The mosaics in the side chapel and sanctuary walls were designed and installed by Tiffany Studios, the mosaics in the main areas were designed by Albert Oerken and the installation done by numerous artisans that included; Emil Frei of St. Louis, Ravenna Mosaic, Inc and Hildreth Meire. The narthex depicts the life of King Louis IX of France, who was also the namesake of the city and church, with the back dome containing mosaics of important archdiocesan events. The main dome was designed and installed by Jan Henryk de Rosen and shows Biblical scenes from both testaments. The basement houses a museum devoted to the mosaics in the church along with other relics that were discovered in the cathedral. The mortuary chapel is also here, with numerous crypts that inters former leaders of the archdiocese and include; Archbishop John L. May, Luke E. Hart, Cardinals John J. Glennon, John Carberry and Joseph Ritter. A 14 foot tall welded stainless steel sculpture by Wiktor Szostalo was added to the side lawn of the cathedral in 1999, which was given by Adelaide Schlafly in memory of her late husband, Daniel Schlafly, a Catholic layman that was dedicated to the causes of peace and racial justice. It contains a winged angel with African American features, standing behind three children with European, Asian and Hispanic features playing a song of peace on their instruments, with a base made of granite and inscribed with quotations found in the New Testament, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Pope John Paul II. The enormous organ inside had been originally constructed by George Kilgen and Son, Inc. in 1915, with two four manual organ consoles, with one in the gallery with the organ and the other behind the sanctuary. A new organ was installed by Kilgen in 1946, with 77 ranks of pipes, with 14 coming from the old organ. An Echo Organ from Carnegie Hall in New York, was installed in 1948, and in 1984, it would be refurbished by the M. P. Miller Company.

avis discount rental car Berkeley

On your next visit to Berkeley, Avis Rental Cars will make your visit the best.  Renting a car at Avis is easy and SAVES you big money.  Avis Rental Cars will help you choose the best vehicle for your trip and our friendly staff will help.  Get the BIGGEST discounts at Avis Rental Cars. 
Avis Discounts
Avis Discounts

St. Louis Intl. Apt. Avis Car Rental  
 10482 Natural Bridge Rd.
Avis Car Rental St. Louis
- 216 S. Bemiston Ave.
St. Louis Avis Rental Cars
- 811 Spruce St.
Avis Car Rental St. Peters - 4122 Mexico Rd.

    St. Louis Art MuseumSt. Louis Art Museum St. Louis, Missouri
    One of the most unique homes in the state is the castle in Proctor, Berkeley that was built in 1867 The Saint Louis Art Museum has grown into one of the premier art museum in the nation, with up to half a million visitors coming here every year, with free admission made possible by the cultural tax district for St. Louis city and county. The museum is located in Forest Park, and the three story structure had been the Palace of Fine Arts for the 1904 World's Fair that was also called the Louisiana Purchase Exposition. The main architect, Cass Gilbert had been inspired by the Baths of Caracalla in Rome, Italy and the British architect, Sir David Chipperfield designed the large addition that will add another 224,000 square feet to the museum's space, as well as enlarge the parking area below the museum. Besides featured exhibitions, the museum hosts rotating exhibits and installation, and includes the Currents series that highlights the works of contemporary artists, along with regular exhibits of works on paper, new media art and textiles. The collections of the museum hold over 30,000 works of art from antiquity to the current day and divided into 11 distinct areas; prints, drawings and photographs, African, American, pre-Columbian and American Indian, ancient and Islamic, oceanic, Asian, modern, contemporary, early European and decorative arts and design. The modern art collection contains works by van Gogh, Matisse, Picasso, Monet and Gauguin, with the German 20th century paintings containing the world's biggest collection of Max Beckmann. The museum also has the Chuck Close, Keith from 1970, with hand-woven Turkish rugs that are considered some of the best in the world, the biggest US museum collection of George Caleb Bingham and the Egyptian mummy, Amen-Nestawy-Nakht; along with two mummies on loan from the Washington University museum. The museum offers art classes for adults and children, free guided tours by docents, the Richardson Memorial Library, that is one of the biggest centers for the documentation and history of art in the Midwest with over 100,000 volumes and the archives; as well as the Resource Center that offers loan collection of educational materials.  Exhibitions now showing include; Portrait of Depression-Era America, Joe Jones: Painter of the American Scene, Fiery Pool: The Maya and the Mythic Sea, New Media Series-Pae White: Dying Oak, Conservation Project: Panorama of the Monumental Grandeur of the Mississippi Valley, Current 105: Ian Moore and Monet's Water Lilies.

    Museum of Transportation
    Museum of Transportation St. Louis, MissouriThe Museum of Transportation of the county of St. Louis, Missouri was initially started in 1944 by a group of people that were dedicated to preserving the history of transportation and houses a large number of vehicles from our illustrious history. The majority of this historic equipment comes in the forms of antique autos, a plane, boats and the museum's large collection of locomotives and railroad equipment that came here from various parts of the country. The museum has its own spur that runs into an active Union Pacific Railroad main line that had been part of the Missouri Pacific Railroad line. Because of this, the museum has been able to get some of the biggest and more unique pieces of railroad equipment into its outstanding collection. These include; Aerotrain #3, Frisco #1621 that has a sister called #1630 in Union, Illinois, the last surviving Milwaukee Road class EP-2 Bi-Polar Electric, SLSF 1522 that had been used for excursions from 1988 to 2002, Union Pacific Big Boy #4006, a Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad #9908 Silver Charger locomotive named the General Pershing Zephyr, Norfolk & Western Y6b class 2-8-8-2 #2156 and so many more that it would take another half hour to list them all. Located on the corner is the first railroad tunnel constructed west of the Mississippi, constructed in 1853, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. There is also a miniature railroad and full size trolley that is run on a seasonal schedule, and antique autos like; a 1908 Galloway Express Truck, Bobby Darin's Dream Car, a 1959 Ford gas turbine truck, 1915 Ford Model T, 1901 St. Louis Motor carriage company car, 1964.5 Ford Mustang and 1963 Chrysler Turbine car. There is also a Missouri River towboat, two airplanes, a C-47 Skytrain at the main gate and a T-33 Shooting Star by the scale model railroad.

Thrifty Car Rental Berkeley

  Thrifty Car Rental has been a staple in the car rental business for many years.  Our customers will get the biggest selection of new quality cars to choose from and the friendliest customer service.  Thrifty Rental Car will give you the most cheap locations in the nation. Thrifty Cheap Locations

St. Louis Apt. Thrifty Rental Cars - 10701 Lambert Intl. Dr.
Thrifty Car Rental St. Louis- 4174 Cypress Rd.

    Jefferson National Expansion MemorialJefferson National Expansion Memorial St. Louis, Missouri
    The Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis, Missouri is close to where the Lewis and Clark Expedition left from, and made a National Memorial in 1935, taken care of by the National Park Service. The park had been created to commemorate numerous historical events that included; the debate about slavery raised by the Dred Scott case, the Louisiana Purchase that opened the west for expansion and settlement, and the first civil government west of the Mississippi River. The site sits on 91 acres in a park setting along the Mississippi, where the original city of St. Louis began, the former state and federal courthouse that watched the proceedings of the Dred Scott case, the Gateway Arch and the 45,000 square foot Museum of Westward Expansion. The arch has become known as the Gateway to the West, designed by Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen and structural engineer, Hannskarl Bandel in 1947, and then constructed between 1963 and 1965. The old courthouse is located on land that had been originally deeded by St. Louis founder, Auguste Chouteau and marks the location that the arch sits over. The dome was constructed during the Civil War and is like the dome on the US capitol in Washington, DC. that was also constructed during that period. The Museum of Westward Expansion is below the archway, with a visitor's center located in it, with an entry way that is below a descending outdoor ramp that begins at either base. In the center of the museum there are exhibits of the history of the city's riverfront, unloading areas and tram loading platform. The Tucker Theater, completed in 1968 and then restored in 1998, contains 285 seats that allow visitors to come and watch a documentary called Monument to the Dream, about the arch's construction, as well as the Odyssey Theater that was designed by Cox/Croslin Architects, Robert Cox and Charles Croslin, AIA, finished in 1993 with 225 seats. It would be the first 70mm film theater that was set on a National Parks Service ground and run by them as well. The theater has a rotating list of shows to play, so you will never see the same film twice in one day and there is a marvelous gift shop in the center. During the early 1930s, the nation started looking for a suitable memorial to Thomas Jefferson, since the only large Presidential memorials at that time were the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. Just after Thanksgiving, 1933, Luther Ely Smith, one of the first to suggest the memorial and its longtime chairman, was coming back to the city by train when he noticed the poor condition of the original platted site of the city along the Mississippi and thought that the memorial to Jefferson should be constructed on the land that had been symbolic of his greatest triumphs, the Louisiana Purchase. That land had been the site of the Spanish capital of Louisiana (New Spain), the site of the first capital of Upper Louisiana for this nation, the site of the Battle of Saint Louis, which had been the location of the only battle fought on the west side of the Mississippi and the site of the Three Flags Day ceremony in 1804 when Spain turned over Louisiana to France for less than a full day before the land would be turned over to the United States and the Lewis and Clark Expedition to start in a more legal fashion.

    Old Courthouse
    Old Courthouse St. Louis, MissouriThe Old Courthouse in St. Louis, Missouri, is officially named the Old St. Louis County Courthouse, and had acted as both a state and federal courthouse that had been the city's tallest inhabitable structure from 1864 to 1894 and is now part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. The land that the courthouse would be constructed on had been given to the city in 1816 by Judge John Baptiste Charles Lucas and city founder, Rene Auguste Chouteau, stating that the land should be used to hold the county courthouse of the city forever. The Federal style courthouse would be finished in 1828, designed by the firm of Morton and Lavielle, who also designed the Jefferson Barracks and the Old Cathedral. The firm of architects had been the first one west of the Mississippi and Joseph Lavielle had been the street commissioner during the period from 1823 to 1826, and he was the architect that came up with the city's street name grid with ordinal numbers for the streets running north and south and arboral names for the streets running east to west. The territory would become a state in 1821, and the city's population tripled in just a decade. The courthouse would be the tallest structure in the city until the Union Station was constructed. It would be abandoned in 1930 after the Civil Courts Building had been completed, when the descendants of Lucas and Chouteau sued to get ownership back. In 1935, the city would vote for a bond issue to raze some 40 blocks around the courthouse in the center of the city for the new Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. President Franklin Roosevelt declared in an executive order that the area would be designated as a national monument, which the courthouse became a part of in 1940. The roof would be replaced in 1941, and then the building would get renovations done in 1955, 1985 and 2010. The courthouse would stay the tallest building in the monument until the archway was completed in 1965.

Dollar Rent-A-Car Berkeley

When you want the BIGGEST savings and the most reliable vehicle, use Dollar Rent-A-Car.  You know that you will get the BEST savings on a quality vehicle when you use a company that has a name like Dollar. 
Dollar Savings

St. Louis Apt. Dollar Car Rental - 4358 Cypress Rd.

    Campbell House MuseumCampbell House Museum St. Louis, Missouri
    The Campbell House Museum opened in 1943 and has become one of the finest historic property museums in the area, documented as a part of the Historic American Buildings Survey between 1936 and 1941, a National Trust for Historic Preservation Save America's Treasures project in 2000 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. The house museum commemorates the house and Victorian lifestyle of Virginia Kyle and Robert Campbell, that had been constructed in 1851 by John Hall, who sold it to Cornelia Hempsted Wilson in 1853, living there only a year, before selling it to Robert Campbell in 1854. The Campbells would live there until their last child had died in 1938. Campbell bought the house for about $18,000 and sometime after moving in, increased the size of the house in the back by adding a kitchen more servant bedrooms and a dining room. Then again in 1867, the family would continue with its renovations by putting the two parlors together into one big one, putting three more rooms on the third floor and putting a three story bay window on the east side. The outside porch would be enclosed in 1885, and the Morning Room created and in 1900 the street name was changed to Locust Street and their address would become 1508 Locust Place. The last living Campbell was Hazlett, who passed on in 1938 at the house, which set into motion a long and complex litigation process that would end in confusion, although the interior furnishings had been evaluated and considered to be one of the finest antique collections in the nation, particularly during the mid Victorian period. The William Clark Society, a local history group, started organizing to save the house and its magnificent contents, but the Campbell cousins that inherited the contents decided to auction off all the furnishings and contents. The society raised over $6500 that would allow them to purchase most of the contents, with others buyers donating many items to the society and future museum. The house museum opened in 1943, and during the 1940s, it was the only museum dedicated to the history and decorative arts from the mid Victorian age in America, which helped the museum be featured in the May 1945 Life Magazine issue and the National Geographic in 1946.

    St. Louis Science Center
    St. Louis Science Center St. Louis, Missouri
    The Saint Louis Science Center in St. Louis, Missouri has been ranked as one of the top five science museums in the United States, and it is one of the biggest of its kind in the nation and like all science centers, it has been created for a facility of informal science education for people of all ages. The center is composed of four buildings that include the; James S. McDonnell planetarium that is located in Forest Park, the Taylor Community Science Resource Center and a new building across the interstate, called Exploradome that is an air supported structure next to the main building. The center had originally been started by the Academy of Science of St. Louis and it was called the Museum of Science and Natural History in 1959 in the Oak Knoll Park of Clayton. In 1972, the center would begin getting funds from the city through a sales tax, and in 1983, the museum expanded its scope to the planetarium that had been owned by the city; getting a major renovation that would allow it to open as the Saint Louis Science Center. The planetarium was named after James Smith McDonnell, an aviation pioneer and co-founder of the city based McDonnell Douglas aerospace manufacturer, designed by Gyo Obato of Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum and it would open in 1963. The main structure was a new building across from the planetarium designed by E. Verner Johnson and Associates, and includes the IMAX Dome, theater and pedestrian bridge that goes over 64/40. The Exploradome opened in 1997 for traveling exhibitions and to host big group events, with the Taylor Community Science Resource Center opening in 2003. It was donated by Jack Taylor, the founder of Enterprise Rent-A-Car and contains programs like the YES program that mentors urban teens. The main structure sits on four levels, with the Ecology and Environment gallery on the lower level, the first floor houses the Human Adventure gallery, the MedTech gallery by the main entrance, the Energizer human hamster wheel that powers the Energizer Ball Machine, a food court and the ExploreStore gift shop. The second floor houses the Structures gallery, the Flight! gallery, the Omnimax theater and a computer gallery called the Cyberville. The new Science Lab gallery opened in 2008, and the entire center won a national competition to host SciFest, the international Science festival.

National Rental Cars Berkeley

National Car Rentals will get you on the road quickly and without any hassles.  National's friendly staff and quality cars selection will make sure your trip or vacation is more enjoyable.  National is offering their customers printable coupons that offer BIG savings right now.
National Printable Coupons.

St. Louis Intl. Apt. National Car Rental 

 10124 Natural Bridge Rd.

May 12, 2011