Car Rentals

 Car Rentals Blue Island

Discount Car Rentals in Blue Island

Alamo Car Rentals Blue Island

Alamo Rental Cars is offering their customers the new printable coupons that are sure to SAVE you big on your next vacation.  Alamo will get you the best deals in the car rental business. 
Alamo Printable Coupons
Alamo discounts 

Chicago O'Hare Apt. Alamo Car Rentals
 560 Bessie Coleman Dr.

Alamo Rental Cars Chicago Midway Apt. -  4625 W. 55th St.
Alamo Car Rentals Chicago North LaSalle -  203 N. LaSalle

Things to do in Blue Island

    Charles Gates Dawes House Charles Gates Dawes House Evanston, Illinois
    The unique Charles Gates Dawes House in Evanston, Illinois was constructed in 1894 by Robert Sheppard and designed by Henry Edwards Ficken, set on the lakefront, although more prominent for the man that lived here than the magnificent mansion that he lived in. Dawes was the vice president under Calvin Coolidge, and had created a plan that would help the German nation pay back the war reparations that it had created because of the tremendous aggression during WWI. He would earn the 1925 Nobel Peace Prize for his outstanding ideas that would help alleviate some of that debilitating debt. He would live in the lovely mansion from 1909 until 1951, donating the estate in 1944 to Northwestern University, with the stipulation that is would be used to house the Evanston Historical Society; although the family would live there until Mrs. Dawes death in 1957. Then, in 1960, it would become the home of the historical society in Evanston. The unusual house is a marvelous example of chateauesque styled architecture, although it isn't typical of that exact style. The style had been brought into the nation in 1882, by Richard Morris Hunt, who had attended the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris, and the first American to do so, and after returning to the states, designed a beautiful mansion for Alva and William Kissam Vanderbilt on Fifth Avenue in New York City. The architects of that era that had tried creating the purest examples of the style had copied the features of the 16th century chateaux of the Loire Valley in France, often covering the structures with limestone and then decorating the exterior with elegant renaissance carvings. Many consider the house in Chicago on S. Prairie Avenue as the finest remaining house of that style, that had been designed by Solon Spencer Beman in 1890 and constructed for the piano manufacturer, William W. Kimball, which had cost a cool million dollars. The finest example of this style is of course, the beautiful 225 room extravaganza Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina that had been the home of George Washington Vanderbilt that had been designed by Hunt as well. The outstanding elements of the Dawes house contains more rural French architecture, which makes it more like the rustic characteristics of the Grey Towers, which is a decidedly larger version that belonged to Gifford Pinchot that is located outside of Milford, Pennsylvania, and again designed mostly by Hunt in 1886. It would be made a National Historic Landmark in 1976, and now houses the Evanston Historical Society as well as filling it with the antiquities that now belong to the Evanston History Center, which is a museum. The first floor contains two rooms that showcase the changing exhibits of the local history, with the great hall, library and dining room containing period furnishings. The second floor, where the master bedroom and manuscript room are located, also has a lovely children's nursery that has been renovated.

    Chicago Portage National Historic Site
    Chicago Portage National Historic Site Lyons, IllinoisThe Chicago Portage National Historic Site in Lyons, Cook county, Illinois commemorates the Chicago portage that had been initially discovered and used by the French explorers, Louis Joliet and Father Marquette when they were exploring that region between the Mississippi River and Lake Michigan. On the western end of the portage site that started by Fort Dearborn in the downtown Chicago area and linked Lake Michigan with the Des Plaines River, there is a magnificent memorial that showcases that portage of those French explorers. The site can be seen in the Portage Woods Forest Preserve and the Ottawa Trail Woods Forest Preserve, and the original portage site itself would become the city of Chicago today. The portage had been used by the early Native Americans in the region and shown to the French explorers in 1673 and created a natural waterway that flowed from the Atlantic Ocean into the Gulf of Mexico after linking Lake Michigan to the Mississippi River that went down to the gulf. It was Joliet that suggested that a short canal should be built that would cut through the portage area and create an easier route that would become one of the most significant connections for both trade and transportation in the nation. It would be over 160 years before that canal, the 97 mile Illinois and Michigan Canal, would be completed in 1848, connecting the Chicago River to LaSalle/Peru on the Illinois River and bringing the idea of Joliet to full fruition. The construction of that canal would become the catalyst that started the great city of Chicago booming bringing it from a small settlement into the major transportation hub that it is today, virtually connecting the entire country. It is very unfortunate that there are no longer any remnants of those early days of settlement and growth, since Fort Dearborn now sits buried beneath three layer of Wacker Drive, as well as the portage trail that is fully paved over, the DuSable and Kinzie cabin or the old Mud Lake that is home to the biggest sewage treatment plant in the world. This site in Lyons is the last remaining spot that had been part of that early great beginning.

Budget rent a car Blue Island

Budget Rent-A-Car  is one of the best rental car businesses in the industry.  Budget has the best customer service staff in the car rental business that are friendly and courteous.  Budget is home to the BIGGEST and BEST discounts in the car rental business.
Budget Discounts

Midway Apt. Budget Car Rentals - 5700 S. Cicero Ave. 
Budget Car Rental O'Hare Apt. - 10000 Bessie Coleman Dr.
Oak Lawn Budget Rental Cars
- 8940 S. Cicero
Orland Park Budget Car Rentals  - 7170 W. 159th St. 

    Ernest Hemingway BirthplaceErnest Hemingway Birthplace Oak Park, Illinois
    The Ernest Hemingway birthplace in Oak Park, Illinois is today, about as far from his early views of it, as it is from his second home and beloved adopted house in Key West, Florida. Hemingway would be born into the last gasping breaths of the 19th century, in an environment of both creativity and manliness, as his mother, Grace Hall composed songs and poetry, as well as singing and playing them; while his father and grandfather taught him the outdoor skills of hunting and exploring. Grace had written in the back of a family photograph that his father, Doctor Clarence Edmonds Hemingway, had taught a young two and a half year old how to shoot, and by the time he was four, he could shoot a pistol by himself. His parents were both well-educated and affluent, moving in with Ernest's maternal grandfather, Ernest Hall, whom he would be named after. His mother strangely would dress him in girls clothing for his first two years, perhaps trying to offset the natural tendencies that he began acquiring with the loving help of his grandfather and father. He went to Oak Park and River Forest High School from 1913 to 1917, becoming involved in numerous sports that would help mold his psyche, including football, water polo, track and field and boxing; always getting his best grades in English. The location of his home would help him learn more about the outdoors as well since he lived in an area that lay between Chicago, and the wild woods and prairies to the west. Clarence would teach him about the great outdoors from an early age, as can be seen by the writings of his mother, learning how to live and exist in the natural surroundings of his life, watching nature closely and learning as much as possible. While his father took him on one path, his mother would take him into another, bringing him to museums and opera houses in the great city of Chicago, allowing him to learn about the arts that would eventually overtake his thoughts and decide his future. The family, together would introduce him to the church and religion, where Ernest joined the choir and sang, musing in his seat about the sermons given every Sunday. He began writing in high school, getting involved in the school newspaper and after school, becoming a cub reporter for the Kansas City Star. Hemingway was born on the second floor of the house on July 21, 1899, in a Queen Anne style house that had been constructed by his grandparents and just restored. He would spend six wonderful years in the Victorian surroundings learning about art and nature, as well as spending time on the first floor with the rest of his family as they listened to Grandfather Abba's Bible readings and prayers. Grace would give music lessons in the parlor, while his father had a small museum on the top floor, where he housed his wildlife specimens. Another great and early influence was Grace's uncle, Tyley Hancock, who lived on the second floor and traveled quite extensively. It would be Tyley who would describe his marvelous adventures to a very young Hemingway, who would then escape to the library to act out the adventures and others that he had read from the many excellent books located there. As Ernest turned five, he would experience the death of his beloved Abba pass on, as did his euphoric ideals of the Victorian age. The family would leave the house he had come to know and love so much, to move into a more prairie styled house, which was more streamlined like the coming century. But it would be a new beginning for young Ernest, as his writings would began bursting inside him.

    Frances Willard House
    Frances Willard House Evanston, IllinoisThe Frances Willard House in Evanston, Illinois was her home and that of her family, eventually becoming the headquarters of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union, constructed in 1865 by her father in the gothic revival style, which would be made bigger in 1878. Frances lived here from her birth until her death in 1898, when she would leave the lovely old house to the temperance union; and they would move from Chicago to this house in 1900. It would be made a National Historic Landmark in 1965. Frances was both an author and activist, living and working from it as she became the president of the temperance union, creating a marvelous informal national headquarters and boarding house for many of its workers. The house contains a wonderful collection of the original furnishings and other antiquities, that included books, family photographs, furniture, textiles, artworks and her bicycle, which are able to tell her story as well as any other method. Frances would become one of the most influential social reformers of the 19th century America. She would also become involved in the fight for educational reforms, labor reforms, woman's suffrage, prison reforms and women's economic and religious rights. She became a well-known author and speaker, mobilizing the women of this nation, and leading the women's union into national prominence and making it one of the biggest organization of women in this nation and the world during the 19th century.

Enterprise rent- a- car Blue Island

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is offering their customers the BEST savings for your next vacation or trip.  Enterprise will give you the best selection of new quality cars to choose from and the best staff to help you with that decision.   Check out the GREAT Enterprise SAVINGS. Enterprise Savings

Blue Island Enterprise Rental Car - 11945 Western Ave.
Enterprise Car Rental Calumet City - 12807 S. Ashland Ave.

Local Restaurants in Blue Island

    Restaurante Tenochtitlan
    Entrees; carne asada is char-broiled skirt steak with beans, salad & tortillas; enchiladas 4 chicken, beef, patato or cheese enchiladas with rice & beans, red, green or mole sauce; tampiquena is char-broiled skirt steak, a cheese enchilada & quesadilla with rice & beans & tortillas; caldo de res is beef soup with veggies; flautas is 4 chicken, beef, or potato flautas topped with lettuce, tomato, sour cream & salsa with rice & bean; quesadilla dinner is big flour tortilla with chihuahua cheese, & choice of meat cut in 4 pcs. with rice & beans; Chef quesadilla is 4 pcs. flour tortilla ham, jalapeno, avocado, lettuce & tomato with rice & beans; burrito is flour tortillas, beans, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese & salsa, beef, chicken, steak, veggie; Milanesa dinner is breaded steak or chicken, with rice & beans, salad & tortillas; fajitas is seasoned steak or chicken strips, bell pepper, onion & tomato with rice & beans & tortillas; mole poblano is chicken leg & thigh covered with mole sauce, rice & beans & tortillas; chimichanga is a burrito prepared with choice of meat, refried beans & cheese, deep-fried & served on bed of lettuce, topped with guacamole, sour cream & tomato; special combo is 1 huarache, 1 taco & 1 chile relleno; carne en su jugo is beef stew with bacon, onions, beans, green salsa & tortillas; lengua en salsa verde is beef tongue topped with green salsa, with rice, beans & tortillas; steak or chicken poblano is seasoned steak or chicken strips with slices of poblano pepper & onions, topped with melted chihuahua cheese with rice, beans & salad, flour or corn tortillas; taco salad is crispy tortillas bowl layered with fried beans, choice of meat, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese & salsa; chiles rellenos is baked stuffed peppers with cheese, salsa & sour cream on top, with rice & beans & tortillas; chicharron en salsa is chicharron in green or red salsa with rice, beans & tortillas; Azteca special is skirt steak with salsa & topped with de la olla beans served with nopales rice & tortillas; bistec a la Mexicana is steak strips, tomato, onion, jalapeno, with rice & beans; hot fiesta tamia is combo of steak & shrimp, sauté in spicy salsa with rice, beans & tortillas.

    Entrees; lake perch dinner is 5 pcs., FF, Cole slaw, bread & butter; shrimp dinner is half pound shrimp, FF, Cole slaw, bread & butter; spaghetti or mostaccioli; eggplant parmesan; lasagna; meat or cheese ravioli; spinach or veggie ravioli; meat or cheese tortellini; veal parmesan dinner; chicken parmesan dinner, gnocchi dinner; full slab BBQ rib dinner; half slab BBQ rib dinner.


Carne Asada Restaurante Tenochtitlan Blue Island, Illinois


Milanese Dinner Restaurante Tenochtitlan Blue Island, Illinois


Lake Perch Dinner Stefanelli Blue Island, Illinois

Hertz Car Rental Blue Island and Hertz Rental Cars have teamed up to give their customers the most cheap locations in the rental car business.  Hertz always has offered the cheapest rates at all their locations. 
Hertz Cheap Locations

Hertz Rental Cars Blue Island- 12610 Western Ave.
Aslip Hertz Car Rental - 12130 S. Cicero Ave.
Hertz Rental Car Crestwood- 14166 S. Cicero Ave.
S. Holland Hertz Car Rental - 254 W. 162nd St.

    Frank Lloyd Wright Home Frank Lloyd Wright Home Oak Park, Illinois
    The Frank Lloyd Wright House and Studio is located in Oak Park, Illinois and was the residence of the great and famous architect from 1889 until 1909, with Frank starting the construction of this magnificent house just after he had married Catherine Tobin, and using $5000 that he had borrowed from Louis Sullivan. Frank and his family, including Catherine and six children, would live here as he began developing his architectural business, and starting his famous line of prairie style architecture. Frank began using a second floor room on the front of this house for his drafting room, until he finished building the Studio Annex in 1898. He would add a two story polygonal bay on the south side of the house, where he constructed a lovely dining room on the first floor, complete with his stylish and expressive dining room table and chairs. He would eventually change the windows on the dining room area, when they were blocked by a newly constructed home that completely blocked the flood of light. That same year, he would add another two story extension on the eastern side, where he created a marvelous children's playroom. The room gets its light from splendid rows of art glass windows that run along the south and north walls, as well as from the overhead skylight that managed to create a very etherial effect. His studio annex was finished in 1898, and became a spectacular workspace, with an outstanding reception area, the presentation library, his octagonal designed hanging lights in the drafting room and a lot more interesting and artful additions. In 1911, Frank would remodel the main house into a rental unit, which changed the layout extensively, adding a porch, and moving the main entrance to the south. The Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust would modify the house into the way it looked in 1909, when the family would move out. The home and studio have become a historic house museum, as well as an excellent center for education about the works and ideas that he had. Inside the marvelous house, visitors can see many of his early experimental ideas that he tried using in his own house before adapting them to clients, which led to many of his trademark designs.

    Illinois State Museum Lockport Gallery
    Lockport Gallery Lockport, IllinoisThe Lockport Gallery in Lockport, Illinois houses a marvelous collection of local and regional artists that provide changing exhibits that include; drawings, quilts, paintings, sculptures and many other decorative and ethnographic artworks that are highlighted in the changing theme-based exhibitions that have been enhanced by interpretive materials. The numerous exhibitions are given a greater dimension by outreach activities for folks of all ages, group tours and educational events. The Illinois State museum Lockport gallery can be found on the first floor of the historic Norton Building, a huge limestone building constructed by Lockport business giant, Hiram Norton during 1850, placed perfectly alongside the Illinois and Michigan Canal, with big arched windows located in the west galleries that overlook the canal and an excellent recreation trail. The structure had been built to house a dormitory for canal crews, grain storage and supply store, and it would continue processing grains until the 1950, when the building would be sold to a steel fabricator. It would be acquired by the Norton Building and Company, Inc. in 1989, that contacted archaeologists to come and excavate the grounds before the company actually began the restoration process. This excavation would discover the hydraulic turbines that had been used as a power source for the building during its busiest times. The gallery has adapted the space to highlight Illinois art in such a marvelous setting, all the while keeping the structure's outstanding history. There are excellent high ceilings and broad hardwood floors that add a touch of history and craftsmanship to the three galleries, as well as adding a comfortable setting for the beautiful works that grace its walls and areas.

avis discount rental car Blue Island

On your next visit to Blue Island, Avis Rental Cars will make your visit the best.   Get the BEST savings at Avis Rental Cars.  Start saving money right away by going to our web site and see the great deals.
Avis Savings.
Avis Discounts

Midway Intl. Apt. Avis Car Rental  - 5700 S. Cicero Ave.
Avis Car Rental Chicago O'Hare Intl. Apt.

 10000 Bessie Coleman Dr.

Chicago Ridge Avis Rental Cars
- 6501 W. 95th St.
Avis Car Rental Orland Park - 9266 W. 159th St.

    Robert S. Abbott HouseRobert S. Abbott House Chicago, Illinois
    The Robert S. Abbott House in Chicago, Illinois is the house where Robert Abbott lived when he began the Chicago Defender newspaper in the Grand Boulevard community of the city. It would be added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, as well as becoming a National Historic Landmark. Robert Sengstacke Abbott was born to slave parents in St. Simons Island, Georgia in 1870, although his father would pass away while he was still a baby. His mother would meet and marry John Sengstacke, who had come to the state in 1869 from Germany where he had been going to school. John's father was Herman Sengstacke, a rich German merchant immigrant that had come here and bought the freedom of a slave woman named Tama from the auction block and then married her, having a male child that they named John. He was subsequently sent to Germany to be raised there, away from the hardships and prejudice that was so prevalent in this country during the period, although, after another 150 years, the attitudes and feelings haven't been changed too much. John came back to this country and met Flora, Robert's mother, who spoke German and then married her, raising Robert since his family had a good background in interracial marriages. John was a Congregationalist missionary who once wrote, "There is but one church, and all who are born of God are members of it. God made a church, man made denominations. God gave us a Holy Bible, disputing men made different kinds of disciples." Robert began studying the printing trade at Hampton Institute, that is now Hampton University, from 1892 until 1896, eventually getting a law degree in 1898 at the Kent College of Law in Chicago. But because of the racial prejudices, still prevalent in this nation, he would be unable to practice, although he tried in Topeka, Kansas, Gary, Indiana and Chicago. Finally, in 1905, with just twenty-five cents, he started the Chicago Defender, which would become the most widely circulated black newspaper in the nation; becoming known as America's Black newspaper, and made Robert one of the first self-made millionaires of African American descent. His is a wonderful story of survival and determination, against all odds, and should be considered a great read. When in the area, it would behoove you to visit the house and see what else you can learn about this outstanding American.

    Unity Temple
    Unity Temple Oak Park, Illinois
    The Unity Temple in Oak Park, Illinois is a Unitarian Universalist church, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and constructed between 1905 and 1908. It is believed to be one of the most significant buildings that date from the first decade of the 20th century and because of its use of a single material, reinforced concrete, it would be considered to be the first modern structures in the world by many modern architects. The idea would catch on quickly by other modern architects that followed Wright, like Mies Van Der Rohe and Frank Gehry. The Unitarian Universalist congregation that owns and worships in the Unity Temple was started in 1871, and is not connected to the Unity Church that would be started in 1889. Their original church would burn down in 1905, so the congregation would ask Wright to design their new church, which became the Unity Temple, since Wright lived in the city and was a Unitarian himself. The congregation spoke of a place to have their worship and a place for a community room. Although Wright would be quite able to design the structure, there were a few problems that he would have to overcome before hand. Their budget was only $40,000 and the proposed site was long but not too wide, as well as sitting on a busy street. Last but not least, Wright was supposed to build the structure, the stained glass windows and the furniture, all for the same amount of money. Charles E. Roberts, was an inventor, engineer and early client of Wright, who was on the church's building committee and would become the key person that saw Wright's vision for the church was carried out. Wright would also remodel Roberts home and stables. The design and construction would become a unique structure, and the first time that Wright used the bipartite design, becoming a leap forward for the architect that would develop his talents mores than any other design. It would help him realize that the very heart of a building wasn't its walls, but rather on the spaces that were created inside the structure; which would become quite universal in its scope and help architects all over the world. The temple has been a National Historic Landmark since 1971, and in a 1991 poll in the magazine, Architectural Record as one of the 100 most significant structures in the nation in the previous 100 years, with Unity Temple coming in at number six. In 2008, the US National Park Service would submit the temple, along with nine other Wright sites to a tentative list for World Heritage Status.

Thrifty Car Rental Blue Island

  Thrifty Car Rental has been a staple in the car rental business for many years.  Our customers will get the biggest selection of new quality cars to choose from and the friendliest customer service.  Thrifty Rental Car will give you the BIGGEST discounts online.
 Thrifty Discounts

Chicago O'Hare Apt. Thrifty Rental Cars
 3901 N. Manneheim Rd.

Thrifty Car Rental Chicago Midway Apt.- 5700 S. Cicero Ave.

    Blue Island Historical SocietyBlue Island Historical Society Blue Island, Illinois
    The Blue Island Historical Society strives to bring people together that have an avid interest in history, especially that of Blue Island and the surrounding areas, working diligently to discover and collect all the materials that will help them showcase the history of the area, its settlements, development, exploration, and other activities that may include its outstanding progress in the realms of wealth, education, population, arts, agriculture, manufactures, transportation, trade, sciences, photographic and audio-visual material including art and relics that have been in the scope of the society's interests. All of their excellent collections are housed in the Blue Island Historical museum that is located on the lower level of the Blue Island Public Library. The city is located on the southern edge of an old ancient glacial ridge, and settled in 1835, creating one of the oldest settlements in Cook County; and in 1834, the Chicago Democrat wrote an article about the "ridge, which when seen from a distance would appear as if it was sitting in the middle of an azure mist of vapor, which cause the name of Blue Island to appear. Julia and Norman Rexfored would be the first permanent residents of the village when they constructed the Blue Island House that would take care of travelers moving along the Vincennes Trail, that would connect the village with Fort Dearborn in Chicago. When the Calumet feeder canal opened in 1848, the village began to grow and expand, and then in 1852, with the first railroad opened, named the Rock Island, it continued growing, and in 1892, the Illinois Central came in. The tracks that these railroads used to travel their trains on are now the property of the Metra and still take care of the needs of the Blue Island community, as well as the 1868 train depot that was constructed by the Rock Island Railroad. German immigrants would be the first to arrive and build new houses, with their influence shown by the four breweries that started making beer here in the 1850s. The glaciers would leave much clay in the area after it left, in the lake bed, and that would lead the small city into the manufacturing business as it grew into the capital of the brick making world in the late 1880s. By the turn of the century, the city would be dominated by heavy industry and railroading, as well as other staples and products that included beer, railroad cars, brooms, condiments, cigars, produce and dental equipment. It is still considered a small town oasis in the midst of Cook County and the congestion and traffic that runs around the city today,

    Orchestra Hall
    Orchestra Hall Chicago, IllinoisThe Symphony Center in the Loop area of Chicago, Illinois, is a large music complex that is home to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the Chicago Sinfonietta, it includes the famous Orchestra Hall that was constructed in 1904 and designed by well-known Chicago architect, Daniel Burnham. The construction began on May 1, 1904, and the first concert held on December 14, 1904. It was named the Theodore Thomas Orchestra Hall, and inscribed on its facade, after the first music director that passed away within a month of finishing his conducting debut. The names of Wagner, Schubert, Bach, Beethoven and Mozart are also inscribed on the structure, just above the ballroom windows of the facade. During the 1910s, it would be used for a movie theater, so that it could gain income during the summer months, when the Chicago Symphony Orchestra played at the Ravinia Festival. In the 1920s and 1930s, the hall would be used for lectures and various special programs that included speakers like, Amelia Earhart, Orson Welles, Harry Houdini, Bertrand Russell and Richard E. Byrd.  It would be added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 and made a National Historic Landmark in 1994.

Dollar Rent-A-Car Blue Island

Dollar Rent-A-Car has the new printable coupons that are going to SAVE you some BIG money.  You know that you will get the best deal on a new quality vehicle when you use a company that has a name like Dollar.  Check out the new printable coupons today.
Dollar Printable Coupons

Chicago O'Hare Intl. Apt. Dollar Car Rental
 10000 Bessie Coleman Dr.

Dollar Rental Car Midway Regional Apt. - Midway Regional

    Charles E. Roberts StableCharles E. Roberts Stable Chicago, Illinois
    The Charles E. Roberts Stable is a magnificent old barn that was renovated in 1896 by Frank Lloyd Wright, located in the Oak Park, Illinois area with a long history of renovations, but most significantly by the conversion done by Wright. It would be commissioned by Roberts, who already was a patron of Wright and his marvelous work, and he would complete the conversion while working on the interior of Roberts house. The structure would finally be converted into a residence by Charles E. White Jr., who was a Wright-associated architect, but the house or former barn would be moved to its current location in 1929. The house is a Tudor revival style although there are many prints left by Wright and his outstanding work. It is listed as a contributing property to a federally registered historic district in the city. Charles Roberts would commission two jobs for the architect, in 1896, his house that would get a lovely interior remodel and the other was his stable, which Wright would redesign from a barn to a garage for Roberts electric car. It would be finally converted into a house by Roberts son-in-law, Charles White, who was also an employee in Wright's studio during the years of 1903 to 1905. No one is sure of when the conversion took place, but they do know that it was before the house was to be moved which occurred in 1929.  The stable is one of numerous examples of Wright's works on pre-existing houses that are located in the Oak Park village, with other examples including; the Hills-DeCaro House, the Roberts house and the Peter A. Beachy House. 

    Wrigley Field
    Wrigley Field Chicago, IllinoisWrigley Field is the baseball stadium in Chicago, Illinois that has been the home of the Chicago Cubs and has been since 1916, constructed as the Weeghman Park in 1914 for the Chicago Federal League baseball team, the Chicago Whales. Between 1920 and 1926, it would be called the Cubs Park, before it was changed for the team owner and chewing gum mogul, William Wrigley, Jr. Between 1921 and 1970, it would become the home park for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League, and on January 1, 2009, it would host the second annual National Hockey League Winter Classic. It is situated in the community of Lakeview, in an irregular block, which surrounds the ballpark with restaurants, clubs, bars and other types of businesses, and aptly called, "Wrigleyville". The field has been nicknamed "The Friendly Confines", which was a phrase that became popular after being spoken by Hall of Famer Ernie Banks. Although it has one of the smallest ballparks in the league, it is only the 10th, but it is the oldest park still in use, and the second oldest active major league ballpark after Fenway Park in Boston; and the only remaining Federal League park in the nation. It is well known for its ivy covered brick outfield wall, the outrageous winds that come in off Lake Michigan, the hand turned scoreboard and the iconic red marquee that is over the main entrance. The park took just six weeks to construct, as a cost of approximately $250,000 by the Chicago tycoon, Charles Weeghman that owned the Federal League Whales. But by the latter half of 1915, the Federal League would fold, and the innovative Weeghman would then form a syndicate that included the gum chewing Wrigley and buy the Chicago Cubs from Charles P. Taft for half a million dollars, with Weeghman moving the club to his two year old park as soon as possible. Within two years, Wrigley would own the controlling interest in the club, and eight years later renamed the park, Wrigley Field. An upper deck would be added in 1927, and in 1937, Bill Veeck, the club president's son, would plant the outstanding ivy vines that are still thriving along the wall today. The field has been the club's home since 1916, but it has yet to witness the club winning a world series, although it would host them in many years including; 1923, 1929, 1932, 1936, 1938 and 1945, which is the last time that the Cubs have been in a world series. The Cubs did win a world series though, but it was while they were playing at the old West Side Park and that year was 1908.

National Rental Cars Blue Island

National Car Rentals will get you on the road quickly and without any hassles.  National offers more cheap locations around the nation that will SAVE you more money than ever before.
National Cheap Locations.

Chicago O'Hare Apt. National Car Rental 

 560 Bessie Coleman Dr.

National Rental Cars Chicago Midway Apt. 
 4625 W. 55th St.

Chicago N. LaSalle National Car Rental -  203 N. LaSalle

May 12, 2011