Car Rentals

 Car Rentals Daly City

Discount Car Rentals in Daly City

Alamo Car Rentals Daly City

Get the BEST discounts and help for you and your family from Alamo Rental Cars on your next vacation.  Alamo will get you the BIGGEST discounts in the car rental business.  Now is the BEST time to rent one.
Alamo Discounts
Alamo discounts 

San Francisco Apt./Shuttle Alamo Car Rentals
 780 Mcdonnell Rd.

Alamo Rental Cars San Francisco-Civic Center
 1600 Mission St.

San Francisco Union Square Alamo Car Rental
 750 Bush St.

Alamo Rental Car San Francisco Convention Center
 780 Mcdonnell Rd.

Things to do in Daly City

    Alcatraz Island Alcatraz Island San Francisco, California
    Alcatraz Island sits in the middle of the bay of San Francisco, 1.5 miles from the nearest shore, which helped make it a deterrent to those would-be escapists that thought about leaving the old prison by those means. It has been called the Rock more than any other name, since it is just big rock top sitting on the water, originally being used as a lighthouse, then fort, military prison and finally, the federal prison that made it quite famous until 1963. During the early 1970s it would become a national recreation area and get land marking designation in 1976 and 1986. Currently, the island is run by the National Park Service, and is considered a part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, making it available for tours and visitors. You can get to the island by ferry from pier 33, by Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, and the country's first hybrid propulsion ferry started taking visitors there in 2008. The site has been showcased in many TV shows, games, comics, cartoons, books and movies. The first mention of the tiny island was by Juan Manuel de Ayala in 1775, the man that charted the bay area and called the island, "La Isla de los Alcatraces" that means the island of the pelicans, and had been taken from the ancient Spanish word, alcatraz, or pelican, which had been originally an Arabic word for sea eagles. The island now contains the oldest lighthouse that still runs on the west coast of America, a seabird colony, gorgeous views of the coastline, early military fortifications, the abandoned prison and natural features like rock pools and other intrusions into the island's water edge. The first recorded owner was Julian Workman, that Mexican governor Pio Pico gave it to with the understanding that he would construct a lighthouse on the property in 1846. Julian was the baptismal name of the William Workman that was one of the owners of Rancho La Puente and a close friend of Pico. Later that year, John C. Fremont, the acting military governor of the territory, purchased the island for $5000 in the name of the United States from Francis Temple. President Millard Fillmore would order the island be used for military purposes in 1850, after the nation won the territory of California from Mexico in the Mexican-American War. John Fremont had imaged getting a large amount of money for his purchase of the island for the nation, but received nothing after the government invalidated the sale. He and his heirs would take the issue to court and continue fighting for it until the 1890s, but never received a penny. Once the state had been acquired by the US, at the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848, ending the Mexican-American War, and then the wild gold rush of 1849, the army started to look over the island to see if coastal batteries could be placed there to defend the coast and city from invaders and other marauders that might attempt to capture the region. In 1853, the Corps of Engineer, led by Zealous B. Tower, the island was fortified, that continued until 1858 and Fortress Alcatraz was completed. The first contingent of soldiers was 200 and 11 cannons, arrived near the end of the year, and when the Civil War broke out, the island's defenses rose to 85 cannons, and by 1866 that would be 105 cannons. The island would also house the storage facilities for firearms and munitions so the southern sympathizers wouldn't get them. The island's cannons would not be fired during that war, although it did house many Confederate soldiers as prisoners and privateers that traveled around the west coast. Because of its isolation and the cold continuous hazardous tides, the waters around the island was perfect to keep anyone from coming to the island secretly and just as importantly, no one could leave, which was an important reason for bringing the early Confederate prisoners of war there in 1861. After the war ended and in 1866, the army realized that many of the cannons and fortifications were becoming obsolete due to the many improvements in weapons and technology, so starting in 1870, and continuing to 1876, the army tried modernizing the island as well as construct underground shell-proof magazines and tunnels and leveling the island, the army never finished it, but soon realized it might be better used for detention. A brick jail house had been constructed in 1867 and in 1868, the island was officially made a long-term detention center for military prisoners; but during the 1870s, numerous Hopi Native Americans were housed there. In 1898, the Spanish-American War would enlarge the population of prisoners from 26 to more than 450, and after the San Francisco great earthquake in 1906, necessitated moving civilian prisoners to the island for safe keeping. In 1907, the island would be officially designated as the Western US Military Prison, then Pacific Branch, US Disciplinary Barracks in 1915. The huge main cell block started in 1909, designed by Major Reuben Turner, and that is still the most recognizable feature on the island today. In 1933, the military prison was turned over to the Department of Justice and would become a Federal prison in 1934, and through its 29 years of use, it held such famous individuals as Mickey Cohan, George "Machine Gun" Kelly, Bumpy Johnson, James "Whitey" Bulger, Arthur R. "Doc" Barker and Alvin Karpis, who would serve more time at Alcatraz than any other person. During that period, there were no escapes, but 36 inmates tried unsuccessfully 14 times, with two men trying to escape twice, six shot trying and three lost at sea, but never found and the infamous Battle of Alcatraz that had a failed attempt by six inmates. It is quite a story and well worth reading when you visit there. Other notable characters included Robert Stroud, who became the famous "Birdman of Alcatraz" and the basis for a movie during the 1940s. Al Capone came there in 1934 and spent four and a half years there before being transferred to Terminal Island in Los Angeles after finding out he had tertiary syphilis. Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy would close down the prison because it had become so expensive to keep prisoners there and they were all polluting the bay with their waste and those of the guards and their families. In 1969, a group of Native Americans from many nations came there and occupied it in hopes of getting it used for a cultural, education and ecology center, as well as many other problems that the Native Americans had with the US government, but after almost 20 months, there wasn't much accomplished. Although many tribes did get land back, although it was mostly excess and unused lands that nobody really cared about. The island was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, and made a National Historic Landmark in 1986.

Budget rent a car Daly City

Budget Rent-A-Car  is one of the best rental car businesses in the industry.  Budget has the best customer service staff in the car rental business that are friendly and courteous.  Right now Budget is offering their BEST deals with new printable coupons.
Budget Printable Coupons

 
San Francisco Intl. Apt. Budget Car Rentals
 780 Mcdonnell Rd.
 
Budget Car Rental Oakland Intl. Apt. - 7600 Earhart Rd.
San Francisco Budget Rental Cars
- 821 Howard St.
Budget Car Rentals San Francisco - 5 Embarcadero 

    Walt Disney Family MuseumWalt Disney Family Museum San Francisco, California
    The Walt Disney Family Museum is located at the Presidio in San Francisco, California and highlights the life and legend of Walt Disney and occupies three existing buildings in the Presidio's main post, with the main one opening in October, 2009. It is owned and run by the Walt Disney Family Foundation, a nonprofit that was started by Disney's heirs, including Diane Marie Disney, co-founder of the museum, and isn't associated with the company that owns and runs the media and entertainment conglomerate. The exhibits showcase Walt's life and career, with one display showing his 248 awards that he had acquired during his marvelous career, that included the Presidential Medal of Freedom and numerous Academy awards. The ten permanent galleries that exhibit his outstanding career and life include; the beginnings that tell about his ancestors, early childhood and young adulthood, with early cartoon drawings and a copy of the ambulance he drove in WWI; Hollywood, when Walt and Roy got together and formed a partnership that would lead to the inevitable success of Mickey Mouse. New Horizons in the 1930s is the display that shows how Walt improved his animation techniques and became very successful; the move to features has many original artworks from various cartoon features including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs; we were in business display that shows many animated features that would include; Bambi, Pinocchio and Fantasia, as well as constructing a new studio in Burbank. Number six is entitled, the toughest period in my life, and highlights the struggles of labor and Walt's response to WWII; postwar production is next and Walt goes into the development of live action feature films, which includes the magnificent feature film, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. Walt and the natural world describes his evolution into nature documentary films, and next is the 1950s and 1960s: the big screen and beyond is when the company got into TV shows and his thrilling theme park. The tenth and final display is December 15, 1966 and describes the world's reaction to the death of this legendary man. The museum is a magnificent collection of Walt Disney's documents and ideas, a huge diverse universe of archives, texts, models, drawings, art works and more. It is a place where we can learn more about this unique man that created so many wonderful venues for children and adults that lives on today in his incredible legacy. There are many exhibits that children will just bypass since it involves reading about this fascinating man, but older folks will spend the time to learn more about the cartoonist that became one of the most famous men of our time and one that today, is still controversial in many ways, but one that changed the image of childhood and fantasies.

     Golden Gate Bridge
    Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco, California
    The Golden Gate Bridge is the enormous red bridge that spans the opening, called the Golden Gate, of the San Francisco Bay area that comes from the Pacific Ocean, connecting the city on its northern tip of the peninsula to the mainland of Marin County. It was the longest suspension bridge in the world when it opened in 1937, and today is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. Although there are numerous other bridges built longer, it is still the second longest suspension bridge in the nation, with the Verrazano-Narrows bridge in New York being longer. The bridge has been called one of the modern Wonders of the World by the American Society of Civil Engineers, while Frommers travel guide states that it is still the most beautiful and photographed bridge in the world. Before the construction of the bridge, the only way to cross the channel was to go by ferry, that had started early in 1820, with a regular service starting in the 1840s to carry water to the city. In 1867, the Sausalito Land and Ferry Company service began, and then became the Golden Gate Ferry Company, a Southern Pacific Railroad subsidiary, and as the end of the 1920s approached, it would be the biggest ferry operation in the world. Many people wanted to have the bridge constructed, but many believed it would be an impossible task because of the strong currents and winds, as well as being 500 feet deep in the middle, with wild ferocious winds and blinding fogs that would not only hinder the construction but almost make it impossible. By 1916, the idea was becoming something more possible, and by 1923, with the passage of the Golden Gate Bridge and Highway District act, the bridge looked like it would be built. It is a great story of trials and tribulations, but finally finished in April 1937, at a cost of $33.5 million.  Although the bridge looks like it is painted red, it is actually and officially an orange vermillion called international orange, specifically chosen to complement the surroundings and illuminate the bridge better in foggy conditions.

Enterprise rent- a- car Daly City

Enterprise Rent-A-Car has more cheap locations around America that will SAVE you money.  Enterprise will give you the best selection of new quality cars to choose from and the best staff to help you with that decision.  Stop by our friendly web site today and begin saving with Enterprise Cheap Locations

Daly City Enterprise Rental Car - 6770 Mission St.
  Enterprise Car Rentals Colma - 245 Collins Ave.
Pacifica Enterprise Rental Cars - 116 Manor Dr. Ste. C

Local Restaurants in Daly City

    Koi Palace Restaurant
    Entrees; BBQ ovens' special platter; suckling pig BBQ platter; diced chicken stir-fried with macadamia nuts; deep fried shrimp stuffed crab claws; shrimp stuffed eggplant topped with minced pork drizzles; squab meat stir-fried with mixed mushrooms; shark's fin soup with bamboo pitfi & chicken; shark's fin soup with dried scallop & bamboo pith; sea cucumber braised with shiitake mushroom; whole fish maw braised with duck web & rifi mushroom; prime mushrooms braised with seasonal greens; prime mushrooms over seasonal greens; crispy fried chicken; Peking roasted duck; steamed catch of the day; dried scallop & egg white fried rice; e-foo noodles braised with abalone essence; suckling pig slices; rice paper fresh shrimp roll; sautéed shrimp & scallops; sea scallops sautéed with golden fungi; shark's fin soup with bird nest & crab meat; supreme shark's fin soup in thick broth; golden fried crab with salted egg yolk & veggies; oven roasted chicken with marinated bean sauce dip; seafood imperial braised rice; skewered whole sugar heart abalone with fish maw; lobster sautéed with chardonnay sauce; steamed whole chicken with scallopini ham & veggie; double steamed catch of the day.

    Boulevard Cafe
    Starters; soup of the day; angus beef chili is made with fresh ground angus chuck, kidney beans, fire-roasted tomatoes & topped with cheddar cheese & chopped onion; coconut shrimp with Asian cole slaw & spicy sweet & sour dipping sauce; crispy deep-fried calamari served with chipotle tartar sauce & cocktail sauce; Vinnie's wings made with BBQ sauce, brown sugar, honey & a special blend of hot sauces; zucchini cakes with yogurt-cucumber sauce & tomato-onion relish; chili cheese fries; Mediterranean sampler is an assortment of Mediterranean spreads, feta cheese & marinated olives, served with warm pita bread; spanakapita is spinach, leeks, dill & feta cheese wrapped in phyllo pastry; prawn cocktail is jumbo prawns & salad of bay shrimp, hearts of palm, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cilantro & touch of jalapeno, dressed with fresh lemon; Szechuan style pork ribs in sweet & spicy Asian glaze with ginger, garlic, green onions & sesame seeds; grilled flat bread pizza with feta cheese, olives, basil, tomato, caramelized onions & asiago cheese. Main courses; half chicken oven roasted with lemon, garlic, thyme & oregano, with roasted potatoes & seasonal veggies; fish-n-chips is Alaskan cod dipped in housemade beer batter, served with French fries & tartar sauce; Mediterranean plate is grilled chicken souvlaki, hummus, tzatziki, tabouli & grilled pita bread; meatloaf is special recipe over mashed potatoes, topped with mushroom gravy & crispy onion rings; grilled lamb chops with lemon-oregano vinaigrette, feta-garlic potato wedges & sautéed spinach; house pot roast over orzo potatoes, seasonal veggies & lemon butter sauce; grilled NY steak with gorgonzola butter, potato wedges, sautéed spinach & mushrooms; chicken asiago is chicken cutlet breaded with fresh herbs in housemade marinara sauce with mozzarella & asiago cheese, served with rigatoni pasta & seasonal veggies.

Deep Fried Shrimp Stuffed Crab Claws Koi Palace Restaurant Daly City, California

 

Sea Scallops with Golden Fungi Koi Palace Restaurant Daly City, California

 

 

 Roasted Half Chicken Boulevard Cafe Daly City, California



Szechuan Style Pork Ribs Boulevard Cafe Daly City, California

 

 

 

 

Hertz Car Rental Daly City

RentalCarMomma.com and Hertz Rental Cars have teamed up to give their customers the BEST savings in the rental car business.  Hertz is saving people a lot of money in these hard economic times so now would be the BEST time to check them out again.
Hertz Savings

Hertz Rental Cars Daly City- 7046 Mission St.
S. San Francisco Hertz Car Rental- 177 S. Apt. Blvd.
Hertz Rental Cars San Francisco- 3928 Geary Blvd.
San Francisco Hertz Car Rentals- 241 10th St.

    The Exploratorium Exploratoriium San Francisco, California
    The Exploratorium can be found in San Francisco, California, with many hundreds of hands-on displays with the majority being created onsite, blending the finer points of art and science, promoting museums as rather informal places of education. The museum began in 1969 under Dr. Frank Oppenheimer, the famous physicist and educator, who helped create a number of ways that help visitors explore and understand the world around them using webcasts, events, websites and exhibits to assist. Dr. Oppenheimer desperately wanted to share his ideas and enjoyment of discovering the world of physics and the underlying scope of learning, by using hands-on displays, to showcase the practical side of the equation, while using education to help students learn. His three overlapping careers in science featured his dedication to education and learning, as well as his brilliance in researching various subjects. He would become the guiding light, creator and genius behind the construction and implementation of the Exploratorium until his passing in 1985. Frank helped his brother, Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer on the Manhattan Project in Los Alamos, but later was forced to resign from his professorship because of the harassing nature by the House on Un-American Activities Committee; which forced him to become a cattle rancher for the next decade, while he continued his studies and methodology for learning. He lived near Pagosa Springs, Colorado, and became part of the science program there, where he would teach for a number of years. When he was able to return to university physics in 1959, he began improving the teaching techniques used in the lab, creating a Library of Experiments that encouraged and helped students learn about physical phenomena, and was eventually asked to help plan a new branch of the Smithsonian to be located in California. He turned them down to work on his San Francisco project, that lead to the creation of the Exploratorium. His special way at looking anew at things, his sense of humor and whimsy, with a marvelous regard for play and invention helped with the core foundations of the museum and is still held in respect today. Therefore, all the exhibits have been created to help visitors understand better, without using any illusion enhancements or tricks, the museum is proud to continue that course.

    USS Pampanito
    USS Pampanito Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco, CaliforniaThe USS Pampanito (SS-383/AGSS-383) is a Balao-class submarine, in the US Navy and she finished six complete war patrols during the years of 1944 and 1945, as well as serving as a naval reserve training ship from 1960 to 1971. The Pampanito is now a National Historic Landmark, preserved as a memorial and museum ship in the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association. She was constructed at the Portsmouth Navy Yard in Kittery, Maine in 1943, and launched that year, sponsored by Mrs. James Wolfender and commissioned a few later. After taking her shakedown around New London, Connecticut, she went through the Panama Canal and came to Pearl Harbor in February, 1944. She would go on to earn six battle stars for service during WWII, and later used for training purposes until 1971. In November, 1975, the Pampanito would be made into a memorial and museum where she has continued to rest quietly along the wharf, open for any and all visitors wanting a chance to look over one of these amazing underwater subs. There is a broom stuck inside her mast, meaning that she had made a clean sweep that swept the enemy from the ocean, sinking six Japanese ships and damaging four others. The sub still has some working parts which include a working torpedo tube, ice-cream maker, engines, galley and periscope. The museum has a marvelous educational program that includes a one night stay on the sub, since there are 48 bunks hanging there, and is an exciting venture for young children and their parents.

avis discount rental car Daly City

On your next visit to Daly City, Avis Rental Cars will make your visit the best.  Avis Rental Cars will help you choose the best vehicle for your trip and our friendly staff will help.  Get the BEST discounts at Avis Rental Cars today where you get GREAT discounts everywhere. 
Avis Discounts.
Avis Discounts

San Francisco Intl. Apt. Avis Car Rental  - 780 Mcdonnell Rd.
Avis Car Rental Oakland Intl Apt.
- 7600 Earhart Rd.
San Bruno Avis Rental Cars
- 1198 El Camino Real
Avis Car Rental S. San Francisco - 230 Harbor Way

    Legion of HonorLegion of Honor San Francisco, California
    The California Palace of the Legion of Honor, or more often called the Legion of Honor, is the fabulous fine art museum located in San Francisco, California that stands for the beautiful structure the collection is housed in and the collection itself. The estate was a gift from Alma de Bretteville Spreckels, the wife of sugar tycoon and thoroughbred racehorse owner/breeder, Adolph B. Spreckels, and the structure is a three-quarter scale replica of the Palais de la Legion d'Honoreur that is also called the Hotel de Salm in Paris that was constructed by H. Guillaume and George Applegarth in 1924. The museum structure is sitting on an elevated site in Lincoln Park, on the northwest side of the city, overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, with the majority of the remainder of the park and the Lincoln Park Golf Course part of the old potter's field that had been called the Golden Gate Cemetery, which the city purchased in 1867. The plaza and fountain that highlight the entrance are actually the western end of the Lincoln Highway that crossed America, with marker and plaque signifying the historic event. The fine arts museum exhibits a wonderful collection of works that span over 6000 years of history, as well as ancient art and European artworks, including the marvelous Achenbach Foundation for the Graphic Arts in the neoclassical structure. The collection is rather small compared to some, but the quality and importance show that these rare works are much more enjoyable since they are the earliest works in many nations and form the nucleus of that collection. The most significant relics are considered to be in the Greek vase paintings, with more than 100 examples exist from the prehistoric to the classical period, including nine carved ivory plaques and palace wall relief that were created in the 9th to 7th centuries BC at the Assyrian site of Nimrud, and the most recent recovery being a magnificently carved Persian sculpture of an offering bearer from 490 to 470 BC that came from the ancient site of Persepolis. In their European collection, with the biggest part being French, the most significant is the sculpture of Auguste Rodin, along with other works by Rembrandt, El Greco, Francois Boucher, Rubens, Gainsborough and David, as well as those by such newer artists as Cezanne, Degas, Seurat, Renoir, Picasso, Monet, Pissaro, Braque, Robert Crumb and Gottfried Helnwein.

    Cable Cars
    Cable Cars San Francisco, CaliforniaThe San Francisco cable car system is the world's last permanently operational cable car system still in use today and has become an icon of the city of San Francisco, California that is part of the city's municipal railway or muni as the system has become known. These marvelous old cable cars run on two routes from downtown by Union Square to Fisherman's Wharf and another that runs along California Street. The cars are used by commuters, but because of their small service routes and high fares for a single ride, they have become more of an attraction for the millions of tourists and visitors to the city. These cars have become one of the most important tourist attractions in the city, along with Fisherman's Wharf and Alcatraz Island; and is the only transportation system that has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Many times, the cable cars have been confused with the trolley cars that run on Market Street. The first cable car was the one on Clay Street Hill that opened in 1873, promoted by Andrew Smith Hallide and engineered by William Eppelsheimer. It gained so much success that other followed in the city, and made Hillidie rich because he owned the patents. Next the Sutter Street Railway opened that had converted from horse operated cars in 1877, and the next year, Leland Stanford would open his California Street Cable Railroad, and is considered the oldest cable car company still in operation. Many others would open in the following years, and the business continued to grow in leaps and bounds. In 1892, the first electric cars started service with the creation of the San Francisco and San Mateo Electric Railway and the costs involved were much less than with the regular cable cars, so those lines faced a declining ridership. By 1906, the majority of the cars were under the control of the United Railroads of San Francisco (URR), but Cal Cable and Geary Street Company stayed independent. The URR wanted to convert to electricity, but many opposed this since they considered the overhead electric lines ugly and distracting from the city's architectural buildings. But in April of 1906, it all became moot as the great earthquake shook the city to its foundations, resulting in the destruction of the power houses and car barns, with hundreds of cable cars destroyed. That reconstruction that soon followed, meant that URR could replace their old lines with the newer electric streetcar lines, and by 1912, only eight cable car lines were left, that contained steep grades that had been impassable to the electric cars. By the time the 1920s and 1930s arrived, buses did as well and could climb all the hills in the city, which meant that the cars faced another decline in business that lead up to the mid 1940s, when only the remaining lines that are used today left. In 1947, Mayor Roger Lapham wanted to close the last lines, but a significant response from the community forced a referendum on an amendment that passed with the voters, and the cable cars stayed.

Thrifty Car Rental Daly City

  Thrifty Car Rental has been a staple in the car rental business for years.  Thrifty Rental Car will give you the cheap rates you want and has more locations around the nation that offer these cheap rates. Thrifty Cheap Locations

San Francisco Apt. Thrifty Rental Cars - 780 Mcdonnell Rd.
Thrifty Car Rental Oakland Apt.- 7600 Earhart Rd.

San Francisco Thrifty Rental Car - 350 O'Farrell St.

    Mission DoloresMission Delores San Francisco, California
    The Mission San Francisco de Asis is the oldest structure in San Francisco, California and the sixth religious settlement that had been created by the California chain of missions that had been started by Father Junipero Serra, although this one was started by his companion, Father Francisco Palou and Lieutenant Jose Jacquin Moraga; and members of the de Anza expedition. This mission had been charged with bringing Spanish settlers to the region in upper California and evangelizing the local Native Americans, here called the Ohlone. The settlement here had been named after St. Francis of Assisi, the founder of the Franciscan Order and became more commonly called Mission Delores because of the nearby creek that was named Arroyo de Nuestra Senora de los Delores which translated meant Our Lady of Sorrows Creek. That first mission was constructed from logs and a thatch roof and dedicated in 1776, just after the documents arrived from the church, and located about a block and a half from where it sits today. There is a historical marker placed there now, with the current mission being dedicated in 1791, with a beautiful mural painted on a wall by the native laborers. It was built with adobe and a portion was used to put agricultural, manufacturing businesses and housing. with a majority of the mission being changed over the many years since then. The facade has remained the same since original construction, with the early 19th century getting the most activity from the mission during its history. The chapel, and the Father Serra's church at Mission San Juan Capistrano are the only surviving structures that Father Serra is known to have officiated at, although Delores was only in the construction stages when he came here. In 1817, Mission San Rafael Arcangel was constructed to become the mission's hospital, but than later on in 1822, would be given full mission status; with the Mexican American War causing some separation between the missions. While supplies ran down, and the Native American population slowly disappearing because of disease and cultural upsets, the Mexican government would sell or grant the missions to private owners in 1834, thus allowing the missions to own only the churches that were located there, as well as the residences of the priests and small areas of land around the cities that would be used for gardens. Delores fell on hard times, and by 1842, only eight Christina Indians were living there. The gold rush changed the face of California forever, but did save the mission, as throngs of people came here to make their fortune one way or another, and in the 1850s, plank roads were constructed from today's downtown area to the Mission, which would grow into a popular resort and entertainment district. Some of the mission property was sold or leased to be used as gambling halls and saloons, with other areas of the complex being renovated and changed to house the hordes coming in and other uses. The convent area of the mission would be converted to a two story wooden wing that was to be used as a seminary and priest's quarters, with even another becoming the Mansion House tavern and waystation for traveling folks.

    Musee Mecanique
    Musee Mecaniaque San Francisco, California
    The Musee Mecanique is the penny arcade games showcased in this fabulous museum as well as other related relics that sit inside the old museum in San Francisco, California and houses one of the world's biggest privately owned collections of mechanically operated musical instruments and antique arcade machines, with numerous displays being over 100 years old. It is found on Pier 45 on Fisherman's Wharf, and before that had been located in the lower level of the Cliff House Restaurant at Ocean Beach, up to 2002, when it was moved. There was one period when the collection had to be placed in storage while another venue was found, and might have stayed there if they didn't find its present location. This magnificent collection had been the dream of Edward Galland Zelinsky, whose son, Dan, still runs the collection and includes a small video game arcade that are of newer designs, and the entry is free with mostly quarter and half dollar games being played, although they are all antiques.

Dollar Rent-A-Car Daly City

When you want the BEST prices and the most reliable vehicle, use Dollar Rent-A-Car.  You know that you will get the best deal on a new quality vehicle when you use a company that has a name like Dollar.  Dollar has a GREAT new program that offers printable coupons at their web site that you can download and print at home.
Dollar Printable Coupons

San Francisco Intl. Apt. Dollar Car Rentals - Lot C
Dollar Rental Car Oakland Intl. Apt. - 3300 S. Meridian
Dollar Rental Car San Francisco-Burlingame 
 1815 Bayshore Hwy.
Dollar Rental Cars San Francisco Sheraton Fisherman Wharf  -  2500 Mason St.

    Pacific Heritage Museum of San FranciscoPacific Heritage Museum of San Francisco, California
    The Pacific Heritage Museum of San Francisco, California was started by former Bank of California, now the United Commercial Bank in 1984 as a public service for the community and visitors that would come here to learn more about the historical structure and the cultural and art of the Pacific Rim peoples. It was located in that historic structure, the US Subtreasury Building that was constructed in 1875 and located on the initial site of the US Branch Mint. It was made a California State Historical Landmark in 1949 and a cit landmark in 1970, with the museum describing the historical and importance of the branch mint and the subtreasury structures that had been located here for many decades. They have a changing exhibition that focuses on the economic, cultural and artistic achievements of the people living in the Pacific Rim; as well as showcasing their own marvelous exhibitions. It sits on the edge of Chinatown and have outstanding exhibits of gold carts, bouillon bags and coins.

    Presidio
    Presidio San Francisco, CaliforniaThe Presidio of San Francisco is a splendid park that sits on the northern end of the San Francisco peninsula in San Francisco, California and part of the Golden Gate National Recreational Area that has been at this location since 1776, when the Spanish would construct a military installation to help their expansion into the territory that would become California. In 1847, it would be acquired by the United States in the Treaty of Guadalupe, and become an Army installation until 1989, when it had to be deactivated by an act of Congress. In 1994, it would be transferred to the National Park Service after 219 years of military use and become part of a new commercial and public use area. In 1996, the Congress started the Presidio Trust to make sure that the site would be financially independent by 2013, but it happened in 2005. There are numerous wooded areas, outstanding scenic viewpoints and small hills interspersed, with marvelous views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Pacific Ocean and the area known as San Francisco Bay; becoming a National Historic Landmark in 1962. There are four visitor centers that include; Fort Point which is a brick and granite fortification that is located under the Golden Gate bridge that was constructed in 1861; the Presidio visitor center that houses changing exhibits about the place, as well as information about the park's activities and sights; Battery Chamberlin that contains the seacoast defense museum and artillery exhibits at Baker Beach that was constructed in 1904 and the Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary visitor center that contains hands-on marine life displays that are located in a historic Coast Guard station at the west end of Crissy Field and used by the CG from 1890 to 1990. The Presidio had been a Spanish fort that was constructed by Jose Joaquin Moraga, after being sited by Juan Bautista de Anza in March of 1776, but by 1783, held a garrison of 33 men. The US army took over the site in 1846, at the beginning of the Mexican-American War and opened officially in 1848, housing many army headquarters and units over the years; with the last one being the United States 6th Army. Some of the most famous generals that were stationed here included; John Pershing, William Sherman and George Henry Thomas. All through its colorful history, the presidio had taken part in every action in the Pacific, and had been the assembly point for those forces that would be taking part in the invasion of the Philippines in the Spanish American War; which had been the first large military fight in the Asia/Pacific area. During WWII, it would be the center for defense of the western US, and the infamous order to intern all Japanese-Americans, Italian-Americans and German-Americans, and some citizens was signed here. When it closed, it had been the longest continuously running military base in the nation.

National Rental Cars Daly City

National Car Rentals will get you on the road quickly and without any hassles.   Make your reservation at National Car Rental by logging onto our web site giving you the BIGGEST savings online.
National Savings.

San Francisco Apt. National Car Rental 
- 780 Mcdonnell Rd.
National Rental Cars San Francisco-Civic Center 
 1600 Mission St.

San Francisco Union Square National Car Rental 
 750 Bush St.

National Car Rental San Francisco-Convention Center 
 687 Folsom St.

May 12, 2011