Car Rentals

 Car Rentals Edison

Discount Car Rentals in Edison

Alamo Car Rentals Edison

Alamo Rental Cars is offering their customers the new printable coupons that you can download from the web site and print off on your printer.  Alamo will get you the best deals in the car rental business.  Check out the Alamo web site today and get the printable coupons.
Alamo Printable Coupons
Alamo discounts 

Iselin Alamo Car Rentals - 515 US Hwy. 1 S.

Things to do in Edison

    Menlo Park Museum and Tower Menlo Park Museum and Tower Edison, New Jersey
    The Menlo Park Museum is also called the Edison Tower and Museum, situated in Menlo Park in Edison, New Jersey, which was constructed as a memorial to the famous inventor, dedicated in 1938, which would have been Edison's 91st birthday. The massive tower stands 171 feet into the sky and marks the place where his laboratory had stood, after he and his staff moved to West Orange, New Jersey in 1884, and that is now called the Edison National Historic Site. Once the group left, the buildings began a slow deterioration and by 1926, the majority had burned down or were collapsed, although the last two left standing were moved to Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan. The tower's top was created to represent Edison's important invention of the incandescent light bulb and had included an audio system that could be heard for up to two miles. The tower itself had concrete pioneer John Joseph Earley as part of the construction team. The marvelous museum features many of Edison's inventions including the phonograph and various types of light bulbs and other memorabilia that pertained to Edison and his outstanding creations; as well as a large number of photographs taken of Edison's inventions and properties. What is left of Edison's 36 acre estate has been incorporated into the Edison State Park, and in 2006, many folks, including the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers started raising money to rejuvenate the tower and construct a newer museum and was fortunate to get a large state grant of $6.9 million to help. These changes began in 2007 and the group has stopped accepting donations for the project. In 2008, excellent plans for the museum were announced, and the city of Edison said they wanted to transform the marvelous park into a major attraction and increase the height of the tower to 210 feet. In the end of August, 2010, the changes began, although now the town and state officials has shown some reluctance to go on with the changes in response to the economic downturn that this country has entered. Edison was a unique young inventor when he opened his experimental laboratory to Menlo Park in 1876, but within a six year period, he had patented some 400 inventions. The process of reinventing Menlo Park is now in full swing, with a restored tower, new museum, outdoor interpretive exhibits and a much changed 36 acre Edison State Park.

    Fleetwood Camera Museum
    Fleetwood Camera Museum Edison, New JerseyThe Fleetwood Camera Museum in Edison, New Jersey is home to many landmark cameras, which created a turning point or new beginning for various stages of camera updates that have occurred down through its history. Included in the outstanding collection are a Folmer and Schwign Process camera that dates back to about 1907, a daguerreotype from 1839 to 1855, a Pony Premo No. 6 plate camera from the Rochester Optical company dated to about 1899, an Ambrotype from 1852 to 1865 and a Beau Brownie camera No. 2A created by the Eastman Kodak Company from 1930. The original camera, although it really wasn't a camera in the sense that we know it as, was called the camera obscura that has been around since ancient times, and used mostly by artists to help them in sketching. The portable reflex camera obscura was first introduced in the 17th century, although the artists using them dreamed of a process that would capture the image permanently instead of them having to trace their image on paper. With the excellent help of Joseph Nicephore Niepce, William Henry Fox Talbot, Sir John F. W. Herschel and Louis Jacques Mande Daguerre, their dream materialized and began the incredible and magical camera that would take a permanent image of an object or scene. Then came the field camera that allowed easier handling and transport of a camera, using the wet collodion process until the invention of dry plates that happened around 1880. Another type, but newer was the box camera that many consider to be the detective camera since it was simple and could be carried anywhere with a lot of ease, as well as costing little, with the initial models using a glass plate to capture the images, until roll film was invented in 1895. The folding camera that was even easier to handle and transport and began to become very popular in the early 20th century. The 35 mm was introduced in 1913 and called the tourist multiple, which is very rare, although there is one in the museum for your perusal and enjoyment. There are many others here that will certainly interest you and your family, since cameras have allowed many untalented people become artistic in a different sense, one that has created such a huge market for various types of cameras today, from motion picture cameras like the digital camcorder, or the excellent digital still cameras that have added features light image stabilization and red eye reduction to help even the most unskilled camera user become proficient and apt. Check out the museum to gain a better understanding of this exciting invention that has evolved into such a necessary part of our lives that they have been included in telephones so that just about anyone can take a picture for whatever purpose or reason.

Budget rent a car Edison

Budget Rent-A-Car  is one of the best rental car businesses in the industry.  Budget has more cheap locations across the nation that offer
Budget Cheap Locations

 
Newark Liberty Intl. Apt. Budget Car Rentals
 38 Carson Rd.
 
Budget Car Rental N. Brunswick - 1898 Rt. 1 N.
Budget Rental Cars Orange
- 474 Main Street
Bridgewater Budget Car Rentals  - 400 N. Bridge St. 

    Thomas Warne MuseumThomas Warne Museum Madison, New Jersey
    Thomas Warne was one of the 24 original owners of East Jersey (Raritan Bay area) and in 1682, Tom and his father bought 1000 acres of land that lay between Matawan Creek and Cheesequake Creek. It would be another 187 years before the Madison Township was created, using Tom's small plot of land as the nucleus of the growing farming community, with his descendants still living there. In 1820, on two acres of Warne's former land, a one room schoolhouse was constructed and devote to the education of the children living around it. It became known as Cedar Grove and was an excellent place to live for the next 127 years. All during the droughts, wars and Great Depression, the Cedar Grove school educated thousands of elementary children, with many changes transforming the school during that period. In 1885, the structure was changed, and the original one room moved to the adjacent farm, and a new school house built, with it finally coming to a close in 1947. In 1964, a group of the town's residents came together and decided that they needed an educational museum and historical preservation group to showcase their town's growth and changes over the past three centuries. Using all their attributes and visions, the town began collections of relics, researching as much as possible in the thousands of memories that they received and began the Madison Township Historical Society and Thomas Warne Historical Museum and Library. The museum and library would adopt Thomas Warne's name since it originally had been located on parts of his former property, and they discovered that Thomas had been friendly with the local Native Americans and built a wigwam on his property in 1685. For nearly half a century, the museum was located in that old one room school house that received an expansion in 1999, for an exhibit gallery and is considered one of their most valuable historical sites and assets.

     Jacques Marchais Museum
    Jacques Marchais Museum Staten Island, New York City
    The Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan art can be found in the Lighthouse Hill area of the Egbertville neighborhood of Staten Island, New York City and contains one of the finest collections of Himalayan relics in the nation. It started when Jacques Marchais, an American woman, who wanted to create a bridge between the wonderful old cultural traditions of Tibet and the Himalayan mountains. She created her educational facility to be an all-encompassing experience, and constructed to represent a rustic Himalayan monastery with massive terraced gardens, fish, lotus ponds and grounds. It would eventually praised for it authenticity by the Dalai Lama that came here to visit in 1991. One of the writers for the New York Times called Jacques, Klauber, stating that she used her professional name of Marchais for the project; although she never visited the ancient lands but had a lifelong yearning and interests in that part of the world and wanted to open a place for all her collections. The museum opened in 1947, and the entire history, collections and museum have been chronicled in a book by the same name and had an outstanding 60th anniversary exhibition. The museum hasn't been able to receive many visitors although the Department of Transportation has an initiative that brings traffic to the many cultural organizations in the borough by their sign program since it doesn't have a dedicated parking area, and continues to be hidden in the city's massive cultural organizations. It has become a favorite among bicyclists in the city and they have more than ample parking. This year, 2010, there is a wonderful exhibition happening at the museum with selected objects from the collections and Tibetan Portrait: The Power of Compassion, that showcases portraits of contemporary Tibetans by Phil Borges and the family-friendly interactive exhibits that highlight various parts of the Tibetan culture.

Enterprise rent- a- car Edison

BIG discounts are waiting at Enterprise Rent-A-Car for your next vacation or trip.  Enterprise will give you the best selection of new quality cars to choose from and the best staff to help you with that decision.  Stop by our friendly web site today and begin saving with Enterprise Discounts

Edison Enterprise Rental Car - 2913 Woodbridge Ave.
Enterprise Car Rental Edison
- 1921 Rt. 27
Colonia Enterprise Rental Car - 1245 St. Georges Ave.
Enterprise Car Rentals Perth Amboy
- 481 Smith St. 

Local Restaurants in Edison

    Moghul
    Appetizers; veggie samosa is crispy deep fried patties with potato & garden peas filling; assorted veggie pakora is a delicious spiced combo of veggie fritters with fresh mint chutney; grilled lamb mince patties; combo of flour crispies, chopped potatoes & spices, tossed in yogurt, topped with tangy tamarind sauce; lentil patties, filled with cottage cheese, pan grilled with mint & tamarind chutney; minced chicken stuffed with green chili & cheese, cooked on skewers in clay oven & served with fresh mint chutney; minced lamb mildly flavored with fresh herbs & cooked in clay oven on skewers, with mint chutney; boneless salmon fish marinated in Indian spices & fried with coating of ground pepper corn; sesame coated shrimp, marinated in spices & grilled; cubes of grilled chicken tossed with onion, bell pepper & tangy dressing. Treasures from the Clay Oven; preselected mix of tandoori chicken, seekh kabab, fish & shrimp, cooked in clay oven & served with garden fresh veggies; whole chicken marinated overnight in yogurt mix of Indian spices & herbs, cooked in clay oven; boneless chunks of chicken, marinated in aromatic Indian herbs & cooked in clay oven; tender pieces of boneless chicken, marinated in mix of yogurt & almond paste, cooked in clay oven with coating of grated cheese; minced chicken mixed with special herbs & spices, skewered & grilled on charcoal in clay oven; boneless pieces of lamb's leg seasoned with spices & herbs, marinated with spices & ground pepper, cooked in clay oven; fresh shelled shrimp in special tandoori spices & cooked on skewers in clay oven; boneless salmon marinated in saffron flavored masala & grilled in clay oven; well seasoned & marinated goat meat, grilled on skewers in clay oven; fresh shelled shrimps in special tandoori spices & cooked on skewers in clay oven.

    Skylark Diner & Lounge
    First course; New Haven clam chowder; lump crab & avocado tower with ruby red grapefruit vinaigrette, mesclun greens; black pepper shrimp with coconut scented rice, papaya chutney, passion fruit drizzle; ahi tuna sashimi with bibb lettuce, cucumber, daikon, ginger carrot vinaigrette; toastados with chipotle beef short rib, chicken mole, lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole; broccoli raab, roasted garlic & white bean soup; pan roasted crab cake with Caribbean spiced papaya salsa, plantain chips; calamari with chili-lime sauce, black & white sesame seeds; grilled Moroccan lamb chops with mint-cucumber yogurt. Main Course; Moroccan spiced eggplant & rigatoni with slow cooked tomato, onion & chick pea ragout; penne & chicken sausage with tomato, basil, zucchini, garlic, thyme; fresh cavetelli with hot Italian sausage, broccoli raab, roasted red bell peppers, shaved garlic, extra virgin olive oil; chicken parmesan with linguine, marinara sauce; roast chicken with roasted shallot, thyme jus, boursin cheese stuffed potato, French beans; Vietnamese lemon grass chicken with basmati rice, veggie stir-fry; chicken medallions with Jersey peach salad, prosciutto ham, potato puree; pork Milanese is breaded pork tenderloin, lemon, black pepper, pappardelle, caper, lemon-butter; Georges Bank flounder with vine ripe tomato relish, lemon infused olive oil, roasted fingerling potatoes, grilled summer squash; fish & chips is hand cut malt vinegar fries, down-east cole slaw, tartar sauce; Frenched pork chop with bacon, white bean salad & provencal tomato; Portuguese shrimp & fettuccine with chorizo sausage, mussels, garlic-saffron-tomato broth; Cuban style mixed grill with mojo marinated pork tenderloin, top sirloin, chicken, blacke beans & rice, corn on the cob; sautéed shrimp & scallops with meuniere sauce, roasted potatoes, poached asparagus.

Boneless Chicken Moghul Edison, New Jersey

 

Boneless Lamb Leg Moghul Edison, New Jersey

 

Boneless Salmon Moghul Edison, New Jersey

 

 

 

 Penne Chicken Skylark Diner & Lounge Edison, New Jersey

 

Sauteed Shrimp & Scallops Skylark Diner & Lounge Edison, New Jersey

 

 

Hertz Car Rental Edison

RentalCarMomma.com and Hertz Rental Cars have teamed up to give their customers the BEST savings in the rental car business.  Hertz has always tried to give the BIGGEST savings in the car rental business.
Hertz Savings

Hertz Rental Cars Piscataway- 521 Stelton Rd.
N. Brunswick Hertz Car Rental - 2006 US Hwy. 1 N.
Hertz Rental Car Bridgewater - 15 Finderne Ave.
Staten Island Hertz Car Rental - 4409 Arthur Kill Rd.

    Liberty Hall Museum Liberty Hall Museum Union, New Jersey
    The Liberty Hall Museum is located in Union, New Jersey, once the former home of William Livingston, the first governor of the state, who came here in 1760 as a young lawyer and his family. William planned on building a marvelous estate in Elizabethtown, New Jersey, on the 120 acres he had just purchased; and across the river from his New York City home. During the next 12 years, William would develop outstanding orchards, gardens and watched as his 14 room Georgian style house was constructed. In 1773, William, his wife, the former Susannah French of New Brunswick and their children would move into Liberty Hall to live there full time, although his peace and quiet didn't last long. William would have to interrupt his retirement as he began to serve as a member of the First and Second Continental Congress and then became a brigadier general of the New Jersey militia; as well as signing the new US Constitution. In the end of August of 1776, he became the state's first governor and the next few years would become most difficult for him, his family and the rest of the country that was struggling to become independent. William would constantly be on the run from the British troops, until finally, in 1783, the war ended and he returned to his estate that had been badly damaged by both sides of the soldiers. He continued being the governor and during his free moments would tend the gardens and grow what crops he could, that is still seen today at Liberty Hall. William served as governor for 14 years, until his passing in 1790, and today he is the man that made this governship one of the most significant political positions in the nation. After the Livingstons had passed on, their son, Henry Brockholst Livingston inherited the estate and would eventually become one of the Supreme Court justices and the estate remained in the family until 1798 when it was sold to Lord Bolingbroke, who was well known as George Belaise and his wife, Isabella. They loved the gardens and began a beautiful boxwood maze that is still visible today, as well as making many changes to the house, adding more outbuildings and building a large hothouse. He is believed to have laid out grounds on the west side of the house to bring in and plant many rare shrubs and trees.  The Liberty Hall Museum is located on the campus of Kean University and chronicles over two centuries of American history, the house contains a wonderful collection of ceramics, toys, antique furniture, textiles and tools that were owned by seven generations of the Livingston/Kean families. A new addition is the firehouse that contains two antique fire engines and a marvelous collection of fire memorabilia.

    Abraham Clark Memorial House
    Abraham Clark Memorial House Union, New Jersey
    The Abraham Clark Memorial House in Roselle, New Jersey is really a memorial to one of the greatest men of that period, although his life and history seems to have fallen into the cracks of history for some unknown reasons. Abraham Clark was known as an American politician and Revolutionary War figure, becoming a delegate to the Continental Congress, where he would become one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Abe would later serve the Second and Third US Congress as a representative from March of 1791 until his untimely death in 1794, at the age of 68. Abe was born in Elizabethtown, New Jersey, and his father, Thomas Clark soon realized that he had an aptitude for math so he went ahead and hired a tutor that would instruct young Abraham in the skills of surveying. As he worked at surveying, Abe would teach himself law and soon was able to enter into a practice of his own. He started becoming very popular and became known as the "poor man's counciler", defending the poor that could never afford a lawyer. Abe married Sarah Hatfield in 1748 and they had 10 children that would remain on their farm with Sarah. Abraham enter politics and became the clerk of the Provincial Assembly, and then the high sheriff of Essex county; elected to the Provincial Congress in 1775, and became a member of the Committee of Public Safety. In the 1776 Continental Congress, the New Jersey delegation was opposed to independence from Great Britain, and as the issue became heated, the state convention would then replace every single member that opposed the issue with people that would support it. Abe had been very vocal about his opinion that the states should be independent and on June 2, 1776, he was appointed to the delegation with John Witherspoon, John Hart, Richard Stockton and Francis Hopkinton. The group arrived in Philadelphia on June 28, 1776, and on July 4, 1776 signed the Declaration of Independence. Two of Abe's sons were in the Continental Army, although he refused to talk about them, even when they were both captured, tortured and beaten. However, when one of them was place on the prison ship, Jersey, he knew of its brutality and Abe did bring it up. Captain Clark was put in a dungeon and given no rations except for that which could be shoved through a keyhole. Congress was outraged and spoke to the British, which did improve his conditions. Abe would stay in the Congress until 1778, when he was elected to be the Essex county's representative to the New Jersey legislature council. He would come back twice more from 1780 to 1783 and from 1786 to 1788. Abraham Clark retired before the state's Constitutional Convention in 1794 and died from sunstroke at his house. Clark township in Union county is named after him, and so is the Abraham Clark High School in Roselle. He is buried in the Rahway Cemetery in Rahway, New Jersey. According to historians, Abraham Clark may have been the only signer that might be closest to a typical or average citizen. He hated pretense and elitism, not ever wearing ruffles or wigs of the high social standings. He had been and remained very popular with the poor people of New Jersey, with many contemporaries stating that he was "limited in his circumstances, moderate in his desires and unambitious of wealth and very temperate." One of the historians, Edward C. Quinn, stated that Clark was regarded with honesty, thrifty and independent as to cardinal public virtues. He was also admired for his perseverance, punctuality and integrity. Abraham described himself as a Whig, showing throughout his life and public service that he was a champion of the people's liberties. A great man that, had he lived, did more for the common American than any other man in that group of signers to the Declaration of Independence. He adamantly was against men in public office using their positions to give favors to members of their personal families, which can certainly be seen by the way he handled his two sons imprisonment during the revolution. He was told by the British that if he defected to the Tory side, his sons would be freed.

avis discount rental car Edison

On your next visit to Edison, Avis Rental Cars will make your visit the best.  Renting a car at Avis is easy and hassle free.  Avis is offering their customers BIG deals with their new printable coupons.
Avis Printable Coupons.
Avis Discounts

Newark Liberty Intl. Apt. Avis Car Rental  - 28 Newark Apt.
Avis Car Rental Princeton Apt.
- 41 Airpark Rd. Ste. 100
Edison Avis Rental Cars
- 550 Rt. 1
Avis Car Rental Edison - 125 Raritan Cntr. Pwky.

    Clark Historical SocietyRobinson Plantation Clark Historical Society Clark, New Jersey
    The Clark Historical Society started in 1970 as a venue to bring together folks that are interested in the local history, but especially that of the Clark Township. The society operates and takes care of the Dr. William Robinson Plantation House, that had been constructed in 1690. He was a doctor and surgeon, immigrating here from Scotland, and the house is a magnificent example of medieval 11th century architecture, and one of the very few that remains in this country today. The house contains many features of the Tudor period, with the society keeping the history room in the municipal building that contains many aspects of history and life in the town that include maps, artifacts, documents and pictures. The society is currently rejuvenating the house and plantation which is over 300 years old and the changes and updates need to be careful so that the preservation of the house and safety of the thousands of visitors that will come here to explore, discover and learn.  The Robinson Plantation is listed on the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places, since it is such a rare example of the architecture of that early period in our nation's history. Some of the most notable features of the house include; chamfered and carved summer beams, rubble stone foundation, huge fireplace foundation in the cellar, crenellated chimney, broad overhanging corner pendants, steep pitched roof and diamond-paneled casement windows. The house originally sat on 700 acres, belonging to Dr. Robinson, who was one of the first doctors in the area, and in 1957, the back of the main house would be the recipient of modern utilities, so that the house could be lived in until 1973; with five families all told that lived in the house since its construction. In 1973, the town was able to get the house and property and then rejuvenated by the local historical society from 1973 to 1980 and opening in 1978. 

     The Pierson House
    The Lewis Pierson House in Vauxhall, New Jersey was constructed in 1843, by Lewis Pierson, the owner of Pierson's Mill and it would become known as Vaux Hall. Vaux Hall and Durand-Hedden's House are the last two early maplewood houses that still continue to be encompassed by a big amount of land. Lewis' father, Samuel, came to Newark from Connecticut in 1776 and moved onto Maplewood, on to an area said to be wooded and wild country. Sam bought 250 acres of land that sits between Springfield Avenue and Jefferson Village, building a store and house on Valley Street, that at time was a country road that ran from Springfield to Orange. Lewis was born in 1801, and when he was old enough started expanding the business, constructing a gristmill in 1831, after he had dammed up the East branch of the Rayway River to get waterpower for the mill. The area's farmers would bring their barley, wheat, buckwheat, oats and corn to Pierson's Mill and leave with flour for baking and feed for their chickens and livestock. According to Abby Pierson's diary, the family would move into the barn for the spring and summer seasons while their new house was being constructed, after the old one had been torn down to make room for the marvelous new house. This elaborate and stately structure would be only one of a few Greek Temple fronted Greek revival houses in the state that still stands today. It was the type of style that celebrated the old Greek virtues of simplicity, beauty and democracy. After a month, the new frame had been put up and the rest of the construction began in earnest and speed. By September 16th, she wrote that they were having tea in the parlor for the first time, with a spring close by that would feed water into the house and the splendid fountain located on the front lawn. There are many classical features like the fluted Doric columns that support the thick entablature and pedimented front gabled roof, as well as a full width colonnaded porch that sat below the gable that amplified the appearance of a Greek temple. Fluted pilasters are visible on the corners of the house and a fanned design in the pediment serves as a Greek revival style embellishment and functional louvered vent to the attic. The front door is capped by a pedimented lintel and flanked by fluted vertical piers with the interior areas by the windows and doors, as well as archway between the parlors framed by pediments and stepped vertical posts.

Thrifty Car Rental Edison

  Thrifty Car Rental has been a staple in the car rental business for many years.  Our customers will get the biggest selection of new quality cars to choose from and the friendliest customer service.  Thrifty Rental Car has the most cheap locations in America today. Thrifty Cheap Locations

Woodbridge Thrifty Rental Cars - 631 Amboy Ave.
Thrifty Car Rental Bridgewater- 1468 Rt. 22 E.
East Brunswick Thrifty Rental Cars - 215 Rt. 18 S.
Thrifty Car Rental Montclair- 120 Watchung Ave.

    Metlar-Bodine House MuseumMetlar-Bodine House Museum Piscataway, New Jersey
    The Metlar-Bodine House in Piscataway, New Jersey is a excellent historical house and museum, believed to be haunted, and had been opened to the public until 2003, when a large fire burned part of it and now needs repairs; which is ongoing. During the 18th century, Raritan Landing, New Jersey contained about 70 houses that were the property of Dutch merchants, and in 1728, Peter Bodine constructed a two story house by the Raritan River, since he already owned a wharf and warehouse business that was during very well. The house included a large fireplace with built-in cabinet to the left, root cellar with cold hole for storing foods a longtime and a sleeping loft. He sold the house in 1733 to Hendrick Lane, who in 1761 passed on, with the house being left to his widow, Margaret, and in 1780, she would sell off the house to William French, the son of a sea captain. In 1814, Isaac Lawrence purchased the house, and then sold it to William Philips in 1840. William added a transom over the front door with handmade glass, as well as marble and slate fireplaces. Samuel Knapp bought it next, in 1853, along with 220 acres of land. He would add another addition to the house and named it Sunnyside; sometime around 1870.  George Metlar, a rich New Brunswick, New Jersey entrepreneur and land baron, purchased the house in the 1890s and used it to house his overseer, John Mason, who was considered a sheep expert. Metlar's son, John and his wife moved into the house in 1904, and shared it with Mason, until he inherited the house from his father's estate. John then sold some of the land, and in 1955, sold the remainder and house to John P. Newton. The state bought it in 1977 and had planned on taking the house down and running a bridge across the Raritan River; however, things changed and the house is now in the possession of the New Jersey Department of Transportation. In July, 2003, the house was almost burned down, so the Fellowship for Metlar house began its restoration.

    Crane-Philips House Living Museum
    Crane-Phillips House Living Museum Cranford, New JerseyThe Crane-Philips House is a beautiful Victorian cottage in the architectural styling's of Andrew Jackson Downing, the first American architect. The house has become a wonderful museum that offers visitors a rare look at what life had been like for moderate income families in the Victorian age of decadence. It showcases the late 19th century period as one of invention and highlights those inventions that had become available to the average person through the second owners, the Phillips family. Henry Phillips was one of the initial inventors of the modern kitchen range hood and his brother, Dr. Charles H. Phillips became the inventor of the Phillips Milk of Magnesia. The house soon became known as the little house on the Rahway, and had been constructed in 1840 by Josiah Crane as a honeymoon cottage for his son, Josiah, Jr. The Cranes had been the first settlers to arrive in the region in the early 18th century (1715), and started building mills on the Rahway River, as well as staring a farm on the west side of the river. Josiah Crane, Jr. would sell the property in 1867 to Henry and Cecelia Phillips, who continued to live there until Henry passed away in 1911. The Phillips would reconstruct the cottage in the Downing style. The historical society has been involved in restoring the house to its original condition during the late 19th century, except for modernization and upgradings. With new and more improved permanent exhibits that include a late 19th century kitchen. These changes will bring the little house into a living history museum using costumed docents to guide visitors from this period into the old, with permanent and changing displays that showcase the three centuries of local history that it has survived in the local, state and national arenas. The Crane-Phillips House highlights a marvelous collection of Native American relics, armaments, weapons and Revolutionary War and Civil War artifacts, 19th century tools and farm implements, a quaint small Victorian parlor and "Kate's Room" that is a wonderful example of a Victorian girl's bedroom as it may have looked in the 1870s. Their changing exhibits showcase the society's expansive antique clothes collection. The house is listed on the National and State Register of Historic Places and has been named one of America's treasures.

Dollar Rent-A-Car Edison

When you want the BIGGEST discounts and the most reliable vehicle, use Dollar Rent-A-Car.  You know that you will get the best deal on a new quality vehicle when you use a company that has a name like Dollar.  Dollar has the BEST discounts in America right now.
Dollar Discounts

E. Brunswick Dollar Car Rental - 218 Rt. 18 S.
Dollar Rental Car Newark Intl. Apt. 
 Bldg. #36 Station #P2 Carson Rd.
Jersey City Dollar Rental Cars  - 49 Mall Dr. W.
Dollar Rental Car JFK Intl. Apt. -  Federal Circle Bldg. 312

    Buccleuch Mansion MuseumBuccleuch Mansion Museum New Brunswick, New Jersey
    The Buccleuch Mansion Museum can be seen in the Buccleuch Park that lies in New Brunswick, New Jersey by the Raritan River, constructed in 1739 by Anthony White, the son-in-law of Lewis Morris, one of the colonial governors of New Jersey before it became a state. Anthony would construct the house for his bride, Elizabeth Morris, and they had a son, naming him Anthony Walton White, that would side for the Americans against the king during the Revolutionary War. In the 1780s, when the house was owned by Colonel Charles Stewart, it would have such famous visitors as George Washington, John Hancock, Alexander Hamilton, General Gates and General Kosciusko. The house had been called the White House Farm, and was purchased by Colonel Joseph Warren Scott in 1821, from Mary Garnett and he renames it Buccleuch in June; and lives there until his death in 1871. Anthony Dey, the grandson of Scott sells the house to the city and eventually becomes a park in 1911. The house is taken care of by the Daughters of the American Revolution and tours are given on Sundays from June to October and with appointments. The interior is fabulously furnished with Federal and Victorian furnishings and many other types of antiques. The stately house had been occupied by the British during the revolution and signs of that occupancy can still be seen with the saber and musket marks that are located on many floors and banisters.

    Cranford Historical Society
    Cranford Historical Society Cranford, New JerseyThe Cranford Historical Society began in 1927, when a local group of citizens became interested in preserving the special history of the town of Cranford, New Jersey. Their collections of artifacts includes; furniture, books, photographs, scrapbooks, glass negatives, letters, tools, kitchen and farm implements, Indian artifacts and other relics that pertain to the city and surrounding area. Their marvelous costume collections is growing and has been considered one of the best in the state. In 2005, their newly rejuvenated Crane-Philips House Living Museum reopened, with many people coming out to enjoy the refurbished interiors, as the society continues to acquire and obtain many relics and documents that relate to the history of the town throughout the next century.  Cranford is home to many diverse historical architectural styles, important structures and landmarks. There are numerous buildings that have been here since the mid18th century, with outstanding examples of a marvelous history.

National Rental Cars Edison

National Car Rentals will get you on the road quickly and without any hassles.  National's friendly staff and quality cars selection will make sure your trip or vacation is more enjoyable.  Take advantage of National's new discounts that SAVE you more money.
National Discounts.

Iselin National Car Rental 
- 515 US Hwy. 1 S.
National Rental Cars Newark Apt. - 25 Newark Apt. Bldg. 25

May 12, 2011