Car Rentals

Payless Cluj

Payless Car Rental in Cluj, Romania

    The National Art MuseumThe National Art Museum Cluj, Romania
    The Banffy Castle is a baroque structure that was built in the 18th century in Cluj-Napoca, Romania and designed by the German architect Johann Eberhard Blaumann, between 1774 and 1775, and believed to be the most representative of the baroque style in Transylvania. It is a magnificent castle that just happens to house the National Art Museum that includes a collection of Virgil works of art by many of the nation's best artists like Camil Ressu, Stefan Luchian, Nicolae Grigorescu, Dimitrie Paciurea, Theodore Pallady and many others. Their international collection showcases paintings done by numerous European artists like; Ernst Barlach, Luca Giordano, Jean Hippolyte Flandrin, Carlo Dolci, Felix Ziem, Herri met de Bles, Ivan Aivazovsky, Jozsef Koszta, Claude Michel, Laszlo Mednyanszky, Karoly Lotz, Mihaly Munkacsy, Istvan Reti, Antoine-Louis Barye and Franz Defregger. There is a magnificent collection of printmakers from the 16th to the 20th century, with works by Edgar Degas, Salvator Rosa, Kathe Kollwitz, Giovanni Batista Piranesi, Honore Daumier and Theodore Gericault.

Payless Car Rental coupons Cluj

Payless Car Rental means just that, that you will pay less for all of your rental car needs especially with their GREAT discounts. Payless Rental Cars have the BIGGEST discounts available today so visit their website and check them out yourself. Payless is offering the BEST discounts in the car rental industry right now, so what are you waiting for?

Payless Rental Cars

    St. Michael's ChurchSt. Michael's Church Cluj, Romania
    this gothic style Roman Catholic church that sits in the heart of Cluj-Napoca, Romania is the second biggest church in the nation, with the western entrance decorated with three coats of arms of Sigismund as the Holy Roman emperor, King of Hungary and King of the Czech Kingdom. The church's construction started in the place of the Saint James chapel and was finished between 1442 to 1447, while the old tower would be constructed between 1511 and 1545, but it would be replaced in 1862 by the current tower. During the period between 1545 and 1566, it would be converted to Protestantism, until the more radical Unitarian church took it over during the period from 1566 to 1716, and then during the counter reformation, it would be converted by the Hapsburg government to Roman Catholic. A few of the most historical events that took place here include; Queen Isabella of Hungary gives the crown to General Castaldo, the deputy of Ferdinand I, ceding Hungary and Transylvania in 1551, she returns and takes back the reign of Transylvania, in the name of her son, Sigismund II Zapolya in 1556, in 1601, the third investiture of Sigismund Bathory as Prince of Transylvania, the election of Sigismund Rakoczi as Prince in 1607, election of Gabriel Bethlen as Prince in 1608, election of Gabriel Bethlen as Prince in 1613 and in 1944, the speech of Aron Marton, bishop of the Roman Catholic church in Transylvania where he strongly condemned the deportation of Jews.

January 14, 2014